Posts with tag "sacha baron cohen"
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 03:15 AM by Moviefone Editors
No, this is not Sacha Baron Cohen disguised as a Chia Pet, it's the comedian-actor-writer-producer in full garb for his turn as a middle-Eastern despot in his new film, 'The Dictator.' In the comedy, a dictator is secretly replaced by a goat-herder lookalike and flees to New York City to start a new life. Baron Cohen plays both parts (much like Charlie Chaplin in 1940's 'The Great Dictator,' in...
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 07:15 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Sacha Baren Cohen, the funny man and character actor behind 'Borat' and 'Bruno,' is gearing up to play his most political role to date. The actor will play the role of former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in an upcoming film titled 'The Dictator.' Cohen is set to star in a comedy inspired by a book thought to be written by Hussein titled 'Zabibah and the King,' BBC reports. The book was a best...
- Posted Oct 27th 2010 at 07:42 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
- Filed under:
- Movie News
A cameraman sued Sacha Baron Cohen on Tuesday, claiming his civil rights were violated when he was roughed up by a film crew shooting the comedian in character as 'Bruno' during a gay marriage rally. Mike Skiff, a self-described gay journalist, sued Baron Cohen and others involved in the 2009 film 'Bruno' for more than $25,000 in damages for alleged physical and emotional pain and suffering....
- Posted Apr 19th 2010 at 01:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Isla Fisher and Sasha Baron Cohen have only been married for slightly over a month, but recent photos have made it apparent that the couple are expecting their second child. Fisher, who gave birth to daughter Olive in 2007, has been sporting a noticeable baby bump in recent weeks, but the couple have remained mum about the pregnancy. Fisher and Cohen were equally tight-lipped during their first...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2010 at 07:24 AM by PopEater Staff
If there was anyone who could fall into the "too racy for the Oscars" category when it came to writing a skit, Sacha Baron Cohen sits at the top of the list. So it's no surprise that the man behind raunchy-yet-hysterical alter egos like 'Borat' and 'Bruno' had his skit vetoed from this weekend's Oscars telecast. Why? Because it apparently contained some jokes directed at 'Avatar' director James...
- Posted Nov 29th 2009 at 01:00 PM by Amber James
Adam Lambert's AMAs performance from Sunday night has everyone talking, and it seems award shows in 2009 were filled with shock value. We predict that years from now, people will still be talking about Kanye West infamously interrupting Taylor Swift at the VMAs. When hundreds of celebrities are piled into one room, there is no guessing what will happen. Over the past decade, there have been ple...
- Posted Nov 7th 2009 at 08:51 AM by PopEater Staff
After the death of Michael Jackson, a scene in which Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno' pranks his sister LaToya Jackson was removed from the film out of respect for the late singer. However, with the release of the movie on DVD, filmmakers opted to include LaToya's part in the extras. Here, Jackson is tricked into an interview with Cohen's alter-ego in which they eat sushi off of a naked man and the ...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2009 at 03:30 PM by Dino Sossi
Thirty-five years, and counting. 'Saturday Night Live,' which has been the subject of so many 'Saturday Night Dead' stories that the show should be on permanent life support, will start its 35th season on September 26th with 'Transformers' starlet Megan Fox as host. Women like Megan for her saucy attitude. Men like her for, well, other reasons. But will she make the grade for perhaps her most i...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Flashback to That Time Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Was on Star Trek: Voyager
- Cindy Crawford Celebrates Her Wedding Anniversary with a Throwback Bikini Photo
- Taylor Swift Accidentally Recreates 'Bad Blood' While Stepping Out with Gigi Hadid and Martha Hunt
- Paul McCartney last smoked pot 'a long time ago'
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- Bruce Jenner will be on the cover of July's Vanity Fair magazine
- Dustin Diamond Stabbing Trial Verdict: Saved by the Bell Star Not Guilty of Felony, Convicted of 2 Misdemeanors
- Rumer Willis Says the Sweetest Things About ''Amazing'' Sisters Tallulah and Scout: Watch!
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style