Posts with tag "sean penn"
- Posted Sep 21st 2010 at 06:30 PM by PopEater Staff
So much for Wyclef Jean's political dreams. The Associated Press reports the songwriter is giving up on Haitian politics to pursue a new album after getting nudged off the ballot by the Caribbean provisional electoral council last month. The council didn't give a reason why Jean didn't make the final cut on the ballot, but some guess it had to do with Haiti's constitutional requirement that...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 08:17 AM by PopEater Staff
Wyclef Jean responded to Sean Penn's public doubts of his Haitian presidential campaign at a concert over the weekend, alleging Penn was "too busy sniffing cocaine" to notice Jean's presence in Haiti after an earthquake devastated the nation in January. The colossal jab came at a Hot 97 concert this weekend, where Wyclef changed the lyrics to his 2004 hit 'President,' singing: "I got a message...
- Posted Sep 1st 2010 at 04:41 PM by PopEater Staff
Thank Zach Galifianakis' breakout success in last summer's 'Hangover' for better bookings on his Funny or Die Web series 'Between Two Ferns.' The comedian has now landed Sean Penn to appear in an uncomfortable sitdown. Galifianakis has some different tricks up his sleeve for Penn, appearing as his twin brother Seth, who has a much different manner of Q&A. We could try to explain it, but it's...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 07:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Rapper and former Fugees singer Wyclef Jean made the first televised announcement of his bid for the Haitian presidency last night on CNN. After several satellite interview segments between Wyclef and Wolf Blitzer, philanthropist and actor Sean Penn shared harsh words for the Haitian-born rapper, questioning his motives and value as a leader. "This is somebody who's going to receive an...
- Posted Aug 4th 2010 at 04:48 PM by PopEater Staff
The long, twisted saga of Sean Penn and Robin Wright's divorce is finally, truly, we're-serious-you-guys over. For real. PEOPLE is reporting that the former couple have reached a private agreement on all the particulars involved in such a divorce (child and spousal support, split of assets, child support). Penn and Wright have been officially single single since court papers were filed July 22...
- Posted Jul 26th 2010 at 08:18 AM by PopEater Staff
Looks like Sean Penn may be back with one-time sorta-confirmed girlfriend Jessica White, the 26-year-old catwalker Tyra Banks once dubbed "the model of her generation." A New York Post source spotted the two drinking at Manhattan's Gramercy Park Hotel's Rose Bar. "They kissed, sat close and ignored everyone." The next night, the Post says the pair had dinner with Spike Lee and his wife on...
- Posted May 19th 2010 at 11:49 AM by PopEater Staff
Sean Penn is taking his new role seriously, but it has nothing to do with Hollywood or politics. The Academy Award-winning actor is in Haiti doing a job no one there wants -- managing one of the earthquake-hobbled nation's most complicated temporary camps, which is home to more than 50,000 displaced people. The 'Mystic River' star has a support staff of only two people, but tells AOL News that...
- Posted May 12th 2010 at 05:19 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Sean Penn pleaded no contest to vandalism on Wednesday, effectively ending a case in which the Oscar-winning actor was videotaped kicking a celebrity photographer. Penn was not present in court and entered the plea through his attorney. He was sentenced to three years of informal probation and ordered to perform 300 hours of community service, said city attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan. ...
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 07:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Sean Penn's fierce temper has gotten him into trouble yet again. The Oscar winner, who has been arrested multiple times for assaulting paparazzi over his decade-spanning career, is being sued by photographer Jordan Dawes, who alleges that Penn threatened his life. The incident was captured by TMZ and shows the actor charging towards the photographer, taking a punch and kick while shouting "get...
- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 02:06 PM by PopEater Staff
Sean Penn has had his fair share of time in the media spotlight for everything from his impressive acting resume to his on-again, off-again relationships with some of Hollywood's hottest leading ladies, but it's his charitable work in Haiti that's making headlines these days. The actor has announced that he will remain in the devastated country until mid-April, assisting in relief efforts at...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Which Pro Is Preparing to Leave Dancing with the Stars?
- See Who Got Booted from Dancing with the Stars
- Psychology Professor Pleads Guilty in Killing of Alleged Rapist
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Falling Skies Tragedy: Security Guard Killed on TNT Drama's Vancouver Set
- Big Brother's Eviction Shocker! Who Didn't Make it to the Final Four?
- Saturday Night Live's Nasim Pedrad Recalls Meeting Kim Kardashian, Reveals Unaired Impression of Aziz Ansari—Watch Now!