Posts with tag "seinfeld"
- Posted Feb 16th 2011 at 09:10 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Actor Len Lesser, best known for his role as Uncle Leo on 'Seinfeld,' is dead, the Associated Press reports. The veteran character actor died at home in Burbank, Calif., from cancer-related pneumonia. He was 88. In a statement, Lesser's daughter, Michele Lesser, said, "Heaven got a great comedian and actor today. ... Thank you to all the people who helped make my father's last journey special, ...
- Posted Sep 11th 2010 at 11:26 AM by PopEater Staff
According to a new report from TMZ, Michael Richards is in hot water again for flying off the handle. In recent years, the 61-year-old 'Seinfeld' star has been keeping a very low profile, ever since hurling the n-word at hecklers during a profanity-laced tirade that was infamously caught on tape in 2006. Now, in a new lawsuit, photographer Brendon O'Neal reportedly claims that the angry actor f...
- Posted May 21st 2010 at 06:30 AM by PopEater Staff
Jerry Seinfeld appeared on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' and the star relived an episode of 'Saturday Night Live' where he and Fallon tried to out 'Seinfeld' each other -- playing the clip from a 'Celebrity Jeopardy' sketch. Fallon admitted that imitating his guest was "a big part of my act." Then, Jerry and Jimmy each do their own impersonations of the iconic 'Seinfeld' character. Watch It...
- Posted May 5th 2010 at 07:01 AM by PopEater Staff
Julia Louis-Dreyfus got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Tuesday. Unfortunately for the 'Seinfeld' actress, the foot-trodden plaque was riddled with typos. Instead of "Louis" the star initially read "Luis," and to top it off, the hyphen was missing. CNN has a photo of the screwed-up star, though a clumsily-crafted version with the typos altered was used at the event. Louis-Dreyfus saw ...
- Posted Apr 30th 2010 at 03:00 PM by Denise Warner
You all remember 'Seinfeld' as the show about nothing. The series, starring Jerry Seinfeld as a thinly-veiled version of himself, centered on a group of often neurotic friends living in New York City. But, one YouTube genius recut scenes from the long-running comedy and turned it into a movie called 'George,' which follows a man named George Costanza -- played of course by Jason Alexander -- st...
- Posted Nov 23rd 2009 at 05:09 PM by Mike Ryan
In the seventh season finale of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm,' the plot intermittently focuses on the taping of the 'Seinfeld' reunion show. This got us to wondering: What if 'Seinfeld' actually came back on the air with new episodes? (Jerry Seinfeld has made it pretty clear that this will not happen.) But what if it did? Having said that (ahem), what has happened to these characters over the last 11 yea...
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 12:40 PM by Dino Sossi
Fame can be a b---h. One moment, as John Lennon once said, you're "more popular than Jesus." The next, no one is returning your calls. The transition from obscurity to popularity to invisibility can happen faster than a New York minute. And one place where that phenomenon has happened more often than most is at 'Saturday Night Live.' Some people quickly become big stars and then fizzle after they ...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2009 at 10:20 AM by Jo Piazza
Rumors continue to fly over news that the cast of 'Friends' is finally ready to take Central Perk to the big screen. The UK's Daily Mail reported over the weekend that the movie was definitely a go, but the American press grew sour on the story after noticing the paper's source confirming everyone was on board was James Michael Tyler, the actor who played coffee shop clerk Gunther on the series. ...
- Posted Sep 11th 2009 at 03:06 PM by PopEater Staff
Two staple TV series from the '90s have found themselves repackaged with younger, sexier stars -- '90210' and 'Melrose Place.' But what if the CW decided to give that treatment to another stalwart from that period -- 'Seinfeld'? FunnyOrDie.com answers that question with a trailer for the "new" 'Seinfeld,' which includes a sexy and shirtless Newman. ...
- Posted Aug 27th 2009 at 04:26 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
Since his show about nothing left the airwaves eleven years ago, Jerry Seinfeld has resisted overtures to reunite with his castmates. That was until 'Seinfeld' co-creator Larry David came up with the bang-up idea to set the long-sought reunion on his own HBO series, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm.' David recruited Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Michael Richards to play themselves reluc...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Sting Get Interviewed by an Adorable 6-Year-Old Theater Critic (VIDEO)
- Toronto Man Finds Woman with Same Name As Ex for Free Trip Around the World
- Stephen Collins Apologizes for Sexual Abuse: Experts Weigh In
- Theaters drop 'The Interview' despite government-approved ending
- 'Millionaire Hot Seat' contestant fails on first question
- Mark Wahlberg's former bodyguard said actor should not be pardoned for assault
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Nintendinitis is a real, medical thing ? learn the facts
- 24 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Kardashian Super Fan in Your Life
- Jennifer Aniston Returns to One of Her First Jobs for Dinner, Still Remembers Her Super Supportive Boss
- Miley Cyrus's Purple Tinsel, James Franco's Superhero Style and More Celebs Wearing Crazy Wigs—See the Wild Pics!