Posts with tag "simon cowell"
- Posted Feb 9th 2011 at 10:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- TV News
If Paula Abdul is headed to Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor,' she's feigning ignorance. On 'The Tonight Show,' Jay Leno asked whether she missed working with him as an 'American Idol' judge. "Of course, I miss everybody," she said diplomatically. "The rumor is you guys might work together again," Leno nudged. She was speechless. The host added, "Is this the first you've heard of it?" Abdul...
- Posted Feb 8th 2011 at 05:45 AM by AOL TV Editors
After yesterday's $5 million announcement, Simon Cowell took to the phone to talk to reporters about 'The X Factor.' Anticipation is high for the fall premiere of the American incarnation of a show that rivals the Parliament as a British national institution. Asked about the unprecedented prize the winner will take away, along with a recording contract with Sony, Cowell admitted to being just a...
- Posted Feb 7th 2011 at 01:42 PM by AOL TV Editors
When America's take on Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor' premieres this fall, it'll have the highest stakes yet of any televised talent competition, TVSquad reports. Cowell announced today that the winner of the inaugural season will win a $5 million record deal with Sony Music. Contestants must be at least 12 years old to enter, and unlike 'American Idol,' there's no age limit for aspiring...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 06:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
Ryan Seacrest says that while he's confident 'American Idol' and 'The X Factor' can coexist, he's also sure that Simon Cowell will rub any 'X Factor' success in his face. "He'll be the first to congratulate himself on his new ratings by sending me a fax of the ratings to my house the day after his new series premieres," Seacrest says on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live.' The 'Idol' host wishes Cowell the...
- Posted Dec 6th 2010 at 10:50 AM by Rob Shuter
You better get all those David Hasselhoff jokes out of your system ASAP, because we won't have the burly-chested Hoff around much longer. The 'Baywatch' actor is packing his bags and leaving America in a move to London to replace Simon Cowell as head judge in 'Britain's Got Talent,' well-placed sources confirm. "David is super excited about the move," an insider tells me. "He's in London over...
- Posted Nov 25th 2010 at 12:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Former 'American Idol' judge Simon Cowell says he's happy that Steven Tyler will take his place. "I always said it had to be someone who wasn't better looking than me and they achieved it," he said. He poked fun at Tyler before collecting the Founders Award at the International Emmy Awards in New York on Monday night. Cowell said the Aerosmith frontman seems like a nice guy, adding Randy...
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 05:00 PM by Laura Lanktree
Apparently the British still "want it that way." Boy band JLS skyrocketed to fame in the UK after coming in second on Simon Cowell's reality TV competition 'The X Factor' and winning high praise from some of the biggest names in the pop music industry. Now the million-selling, Brit Award-winning pop group has set out to conquer North America with their new, self-titled EP. Stream 'JLS' Full...
- Posted Jul 10th 2010 at 10:10 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle got her start as an unknown on 'Britain's Got Talent,' now the singer is looking for some untapped talent on her own. The Scottish sensation is holding a competition on her website and the winner gets a chance to sing with her on her next album. Participants are asked to upload a video of themselves to Boyle's YouTube channel singing 'Silent Night.' "Well, when I did...
- Posted Jun 14th 2010 at 04:20 PM by Amber James
While backstage at the 64th Annual Tony Awards Gift Lounge, Paula Abdul had a lot to talk about regarding Simon Cowell's departure from 'American Idol.' While the rumors have been swirling about who is going to replace him -- names like Bret Michaels and Howard Stern have been tossed around -- Abdul named her official choice: Simon's mother! "I think Simon's mom would be brilliant because who...
- Posted Jun 9th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Simon Cowell fulfilled five-year-old Bethany Fenton's final wish before she lost her battle with a brain tumor. She achieved her dream of singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' for Cowell when she visited the 'Britain's Got Talent' studios in North London ahead of Saturday's finale on June 5 and even met some of the finalists in the competition. Following her exciting day, the young girl told...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONJ Finale: 'I'm A Survivor,' Says an Emotional Teresa Giudice
- Matthew Morrison Gets Married, Zac Efron Turns 27 & More Weekend News
- Kristen Bell: Why We Taught Lincoln Sign Language
- 'Buffy' star Nicolas Brendon arrested after hotel disturbance
- 'Fury' starring Brad Pitt wins the box office weekend race
- Ice-T likens 'Law & Order' to robbing a bank
- Renee Zellweger, Reese Witherspoon Walk to Defeat ALS
- ?The Walking Dead' haunted house scared the bejeezus out of me
- Every ?Simpsons' ?Treehouse of Horror' short, ranked
- WWE Diva Nattie Has Meltdown While Discussing Divorce With Husband TJ—See the Total Divas Recap!
- Jason Momoa's Audition Tape for Game of Thrones Is Even More Intense Than You Thought—Watch Now!
- Homeland: Why We Were Yelling Obscenities At Our TV Screens Tonight