Posts with tag "simon cowell"
- Posted Jun 7th 2011 at 07:34 AM by AOL TV Editors
After weeks of speculation it was confirmed yesterday that Nicole Scherzinger is replacing Cheryl Cole on 'The X Factor' in the U.S. Now, head honcho Simon Cowell has apologized to Cole for the chaos surrounding the judging lineup on his new talent show, but insists that she wasn't fired. According to The Sun, Cowell takes full responsibility for the decision to replace Cole with Scherzinger...
- Posted Jun 2nd 2011 at 01:15 PM by AOL TV Editors
Simon Cowell is spicing it up, adding the option to audition online for his new reality singing competition, 'The X Factor.' Fox announced earlier today week-long YouTube auditions for those who may have missed out on the opportunity to tryout live. Today through June 9, solo artists and vocal groups -- you must be at least 12 years old -- can submit an audition video on YouTube at youtube.com/...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 07:30 PM by AOL TV Editors
Simon Cowell's new show 'X Factor' doesn't premiere for another four months, but there's already trouble in his post-'Idol' ploy for TV domination. TMZ is reporting that one of the previously announced judges, British pop singer Cheryl Cole, is out. Replacing her? Former Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, who was set to co-host the show with Brit Steve Jones. Why the switch? No one knows for ...
- Posted May 8th 2011 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
The 'X Factor' judging panel is complete, with the final chair to be filled by Paula Abdul, who just closed the deal in last-minute negotiations, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Abdul will take her seat alongside Simon Cowell, reuniting the former 'Idol' stars once again. Cheryl Cole and Antonio 'L.A.' Reid have already been named as the other 'X Factor' judges. Meanwhile, Pussycat Doll...
- Posted May 3rd 2011 at 06:47 AM by Kelly Fisher
The guessing game for 'The X Factor' continues to pick up speed and now it's the question as to who will host Simon Cowell's talent competition. While nothing is official, sources close to the show reveal it's likely that former Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger will be 'The X Factor' host. According to PEOPLE, Scherzinger will join judges Antonio "L.A." Reid and Cowell himself on t...
- Posted Apr 26th 2011 at 12:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
If Simon Cowell gets his way, the judging panel for Fox's 'X Factor' will look like this: Cowell, L.A. Reid, Cheryl Cole and Paula Abdul. Yep, Simon wants Paula back. In an interview with Deadline, Cowell revealed his panel hopes but was sure to point out that negotiations with Abdul, his former 'American Idol' panelist, have yet to begin. "I've always wanted Paula," Cowell told Nikki Finke....
- Posted Apr 19th 2011 at 06:00 AM by Kelly Fisher
Simon Cowell confirmed that Mariah Carey will take part in the American version of 'X Factor' this fall -- but won't be sitting at the judge's table. UsMagazine.com reports that Cowell dished on his new, already-buzzed-about show in a Spokane, Wash., radio interview on 92.9ZZU. "I think Mariah will have a role on the live shows," Cowell told radio host Jackie Brown. "I met her recently and s...
- Posted Apr 18th 2011 at 10:23 AM by Zach Dionne
Amidst nonstop buzz about the upcoming American incarnation of 'The X Factor,' Simon Cowell is leaving the weekly judging spot on the British show he created. ITV tells the BBC Cowell will divide his time between the American and British versions of the show, and that the network is "completely comfortable" with the decision and "talking about ways in which he can have an on-screen presence lat...
- Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 11:24 PM by Zach Dionne
Pop-Ed: Nicki Minaj. Fergie. Jessica Simpson. Rihanna. What do they have in common? They're all huge pop stars, and they're all probably not joining Simon Cowell's new FOX singing competition 'The X Factor.' So why does each week bring a new story about a major artist supposedly in talks for the show, followed by the next week's headline sheepishly verifying said starlet is "definitely not" sig...
- Posted Apr 13th 2011 at 07:00 PM by Boombox Editors
Rihanna is setting the record straight regarding rumors that she may be the next big name to score a judging position on Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor.' The singer, who's one of many celebrities that have been thrown in the pot to possibly join the show, explained that scheduling conflicts prevented her from heading to the singing competition. "I just heard about it actually, but, yes," she s...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
- Caution: These Super Bowl Dips Will Make You Melt
- Angelina Jolie Visits Kurdish Refugee Camp
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- WWE Diva Eva Marie Skips Meals and Risks Her Health for Photo Shoot—See the Shocking Total Divas Clip!
- Christina Milian Gets Emotional While Bonding With Her Daughter Violet—See the Adorable Turned Up Clip!
- Galavant Guys Reveal Super-Secret Show Plan: "Makey-Uppy-As-We-Go-Alongy" (Watch and Try Not to Laugh!)