Posts with tag "simoncowell"
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 02:16 PM by Dave Steinfeld
- Filed under:
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Simon Cowell -
- AOL Television -
- AOL Music
Even if you've been making a concerted effort to avoid pop culture, you know who Simon Cowell is. Such is the level of Cowell's fame and influence in the entertainment industry. A native of the UK and veteran of the music business, Cowell first became familiar to American audiences in the summer of 2002 when the reality TV series 'American Idol' premiered. A spin-off of England's similar...
- Posted Feb 10th 2010 at 09:53 AM by Amber James
Ellen DeGeneres finally made her 'American Idol' debut on Tuesday night, sitting along side Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi at the judges' table. It was Hollywood week on 'Idol,' and DeGeneres proved from the get go that she was there to work and not overshadow the contestants. DeGeneres seems to be fitting in nicely, and she's been getting nothing but raves from critics. See what...
- Posted Feb 6th 2010 at 12:13 AM by Sam Brand
The self-described 'King of all Media' took to the airwaves earlier this week to announce that he had been offered a high-profile job in network TV. On Friday, the New York Post reported the job is none other than Simon Cowell's soon vacant seat on 'American Idol.' Nobody at Fox has yet confirmed the report. Is the rumor full of hot air, or might we really see the sharp-tongued shock jock...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 07:00 AM by Rob Shuter
Simon Cowell is the top dog at many things -- 'Idol,' 'X Factor' and so forth, and now the music mogul wants to be the titan of another industry -- the Haiti charity song biz. Simon's competitive side has him gearing up for a fight with fellow music honcho Quincy Jones as they unleash dueling Haiti benefit tunes. Healthy competition for a good cause is just fine by us. More on Simon's quest, plus...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 08:01 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Grammys -
- American Idol -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
Now that Simon Cowell is leaving the world of 'American Idol,' the show that he helped turn into the wildly-successful beast that it is today is taking shots at the king of insults. Simon's never-on-time habits are now being leaked to the press now that he's jumping ship, and expect lots more Simon slams to come! Details on the Simon situation, plus scoop on Brangelina and Jay Leno's rep-saving...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 11:46 AM by Amber James
Celebrities are finding more creative ways to give back to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. With the help of online downloads, everyone from Rihanna, Linkin Park, Jay-Z and Bono are releasing songs in which all the profits will be donated to relief organizations. In addition, all the music from Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' benefit will be on sale for 99 cents each through iTunes starting...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 04:39 PM by Mike Hess
With word that Simon Cowell is leaving 'American Idol' after this season to start 'The X Factor' in the U.S., the fate of the 'Idol' juggernaut is uncertain. If Cowell wants to, he could offer up some stiff competition to his 'Idol' alma mater, leaving the show with a big "how do we compete against Simon?" conundrum. However, if he plays nice, he could work closely with FOX and 'Idol' on how to...
- Posted Jan 7th 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
With Simon Cowell on the brink of ditching 'American Idol' to take the throne of 'X-Factor,' insiders tell me that executives have figured out a way to ease him out of the conversation this year -- focus on Ellen. Brilliant! Nice is the new mean in 2010, and unlike Simon, you know we're always more nice than naughty. After the jump, more details on Simon's shrinking 'Idol' role, plus George...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Were you surprised by Susan Boyle's talent? Did you love or hate Adam Lambert's glam album cover? Do you think Kate Gosselin shared too much information with the media? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions in Hollywood this year.* Let's look back at the biggest poll questions of 2009 to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 01:27 PM by PopEater Staff
You'll be hearing Simon Cowell's biting critiques of aspiring singers on U.S. television for years to come, but after 2010 it may not be on 'American Idol,' according to a report in the Times of London. Cowell is reportedly considering standing down from his post on 'Idol' after next season and switching his focus to bringing the hugely successful British show 'X Factor' to the USA. Ironically,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Anna Marie Cardwell: 'I Would Feel Hurt' If Mama June Is Dating My Molester
- Chrissy Teigen on Her Tom Yom Soup: 'Thank God You Can't Taste Instagram' (PHOTOS)
- Josh Lucas and Jessica Ciencin Henriquez: 'Officially Divorced'
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Wedding With Intimate Dinner Party—All the Details!
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years