Posts with tag "simoncowell"
- Posted Sep 11th 2009 at 11:37 AM by PopEater Staff
Simon Cowell picked the wrong week to speak poorly of the Beatles. The 'American Idol' judge known for his unfiltered flapper said that if the Fab Four had taken part in his British talent show 'The X-Factor,' he would have rejected the poor blokes because of their drummer, Ringo Starr. But now he tells RadarOnline.com he was just having a laugh, and meant no disrespect to the band, which has a...
- Posted Sep 10th 2009 at 01:11 PM by PopEater Staff
As PopEater readers and 'American Idol' fans across the country remain split on whether or not Ellen DeGeneres will make a good judge, we're going to go ahead and give Ellen a full-on endorsement. 'Why?,' you may ask? The better question would probably be 'Why not?' Simply put, Ellen's done nothing of late that would make us question that she's going to absolutely kill on the 'Idol' panel. Allow...
- Posted Sep 4th 2009 at 10:50 AM by PopEater Staff
If you thought people camping out for a day to audition for 'American Idol' was determination, wait until you hear about what one, um, motivated British woman did to get Simon Cowell's 'X-Factor' attention. Five years ago, Cowell bluntly told the then-18-year-old Katrina Lee that he wished he could take her voice and put it in someone else's body. Lee, now 23, took that to heart, and has done...
- Posted Aug 23rd 2009 at 10:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Although Simon Cowell is usually difficult to impress, one contestant on UK's 'The X Factor' managed to blow away the judge. 27-year-old Danyl Johnson hit the stage with an energetic performance of The Beatles' 'With a Little Help from My Friends.' Cowell smiled and clapped during the audition, finally giving a standing ovation. "That was single-handedly the best first audition I have ever...
- Posted Aug 19th 2009 at 06:48 AM by PopEater Staff
The latest guest judge confirmed to join the 'American Idol' panel during audition week is singer Joe Jonas, but his star power isn't soothing Simon Cowell's sorrow. The middle Jonas Brother's rep confirmed to Us Magazine that he would sit with Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi during the Dallas auditions, but veteran judge Cowell admits he's still "sad" about Paula Abdul's...
- Posted Aug 12th 2009 at 10:12 AM by PopEater Staff
Now we know why 'American Idol' producers were playing frugal when it came to Paula Abdul ... they were saving that cash bundle for their star judge. Simon Cowell is finalizing a deal with FOX to keep those ascerbic comments coming through 2011, and his payout is reported to be a gigantic $45 million a year -- up from $36 million under his current contract. Paula Abdul reportedly wanted a measly...
- Posted Aug 11th 2009 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
In the wake of Paula Abdul's will-she-or-won't she departure from 'American Idol,' we've come to really embrace the qualities that made her such a great judge to have around. She was sweet, spunky, and reliably hilarious (intentional or otherwise). We've discussed how Abdul might fare on other reality competition programs, but the truth is, there are plenty of judges with equally wonderful, if not...
- Posted Aug 7th 2009 at 08:35 AM by PopEater Staff
With the sudden departure of 'American Idol' judge Paula Abdul, the show's producers say they're sticking with four judges and on a quest to find her permanent replacement. In the meantime, the show will employ an array of female pop stars including Victoria Beckham and Katy Perry, who will stand in as a guest fourth judge for the audition rounds. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Barista Spelling Bee
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI: Report
- NBC Sports' Josh Elliott Engaged to Liz Cho
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- 'Jeopardy' slammed on social media for 'sexist' category
- Blake Shelton grows up on new album 'Bringing Back the Sunshine'
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Why Kirby v. Marvel mattered
- You need to watch ?The Simpsons' premiere's insane opening sequence