Posts with tag "south park"
- Posted May 7th 2011 at 10:00 PM by John Mitchell
On Tuesday, 'The Book of Mormon' received 14 Tony nominations, making it this year's most nominated show by far. That's just shy of the record 15 nominations 'The Producers' and 'Billy Elliot' landed in 2001 and 2009, respectively. The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two...
- Posted Oct 25th 2010 at 03:50 PM by PopEater Staff
'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are widely heralded for their cutting creative style, but the two accidentally included some less-than-original material in a recent episode, CNN reports. The pair, whose October 20 show parodied box office hit 'Inception,' inadvertently borrowed entire jokes from a CollegeHumor spoof of the film by writers Dan Gurewitch and David Young. ...
- Posted Oct 14th 2010 at 02:49 PM by PopEater Staff
Although 'South Park' usually trashes every cultural phenomenon, for some reason it took a while for them to get around to the most popular/most hated show of our times, 'Jersey Shore.' Thankfully, the wait is over. In the latest episode, 'Jerseyites' invade South Park in the form of demented creatures wreaking havoc, and the only way to get rid of them is to ask for Al Qaeda's help. Despite...
- Posted May 7th 2010 at 10:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Having already caused a fuss this spring with the depiction of the prophet Muhammad on 'South Park,' Comedy Central revealed it has a cartoon series about Jesus Christ in the works. 'JC' is one of 23 potential series the network said it has in development. It depicts Christ as a "regular guy" who moves to New York to "escape his father's enormous shadow." It wouldn't be the first time Jesus Christ...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2010 at 11:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Following violent threats from a New York group called Revolution Muslim, Comedy Central opted to censor portions of a controversial 'South Park' episode featuring the Prophet Muhammad characterized in a bear suit. The show bleeped the words "Prophet Muhammad" and covered the character's face with a block reading "Censored." Fans were understandably disappointed, with some blaming the two men...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 11:51 AM by PopEater Staff
The long-gestating Broadway musical from the guys that brought you 'South Park' won't star Stan, Kyle, Kenny or Cartman, but it will have singing Mormon missionaries and, of course, a controversial theme. 'South Park' masterminds Trey Parker and Matt Stone, along with Tony-winning 'Avenue Q' creator Robert Lopez, developed 'The Book of Mormon' for a Broadway run starting March 2011, the New...
- Posted Mar 18th 2010 at 06:30 AM by PopEater Staff
In the season premiere of 'South Park,' Eric and Stan play a video game where an animated Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren fight each other with golf clubs. In the game, the troubled golf superstar and his wife engage in a battle to the death on the golf course, where Woods can lose endorsements and Nordegren uses a "pre-nup power-up" to defeat her husband. Woods recently announced his return...
- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 06:25 AM by PopEater Staff
No one is safe from the wrath of 'South Park,' especially not superstar golfers entangled in several scandalous affairs. When 'Park' returns for its 14th season on Wednesday, creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker will take aim at the Tiger Woods scandal, The Huffington Post reports. A recently-released image shows an animated version of Tiger's apology press conference, with Cartman by his...
- Posted Oct 8th 2009 at 10:16 AM by PopEater Staff
You just knew the boys of 'South Park' would tackle the Summer of Death when the show returned, and boy did they deliver. David Carradine, Ted Kennedy, Farrah Fawcett, DJ AM all made cameos in an episode about deceased celebs who are stuck in purgatory. Though, the episode really focused on two stars in particular: Michael Jackson and Billy Mays. In 'I See Dead Celebrities,' the body of...
- Posted Sep 16th 2009 at 09:33 AM by Mike Hess
Since Comedy Central is (brilliantly) capitalizing on Kanye West's recent idiocy by re-running their Kanye-mocking 'Fishsticks' episode this week, it got us thinking just how many times 'Park' creators Matt Parker and Trey Stone have absolutely eviscerated celebrities on the raunchy 'toon. From Tom Cruise to Paris Hilton and beyond, if a celebrity winds up on 'South Park,' chances are it...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll