Posts with tag "spider-man"
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 07:04 AM by Kelly Fisher
It's a sad day in Hollywood. Laura Ziskin, best known for her work as a producer for the 'Spider-Man' film franchise, passed away Sunday after a long battle with breast cancer. She was 61. According to E! Online, in addition to her work on 'Spider-Man,' she also served as a producer for the 1990 hit 'Pretty Woman.' In 2002, she was also the first woman to serve as a solo producer for the Academ...
- Posted Apr 3rd 2011 at 11:36 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Sir Elton John was joined by Tom Hanks (playing Michael Caine) for a goofy 'Saturday Night Live' sketch called 'Knights of the Realm,' featuring a short list of British celebs who have been knighted. The conclave gathers to brainstorm a solution to the U.K.'s newest, greatest threat: a dragon attack. Andy Samberg, as Bono, donned giant shades and waxed on about artistry, until he was rudely cut...
- Posted Mar 19th 2011 at 11:38 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
With Andrew Garfield stepping into Toby Maguire's tights as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, filming on 'The Amazing Spider-Man' continues, amid a web of rumors about the reboot's plot surprises. Despite last fall's news that Rhys Ifans was joining the cast as a villain character, there's been no official word from producers about who Spidey's nemesis in the upcoming movie will be. But thanks to a r...
- Posted Mar 8th 2011 at 01:30 PM by Elizabeth Yun
- Filed under:
When the $65 million Broadway mega-production 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' was entrusted to Julie Taymor, it seemed like nothing could go wrong. The Tony Award-winning director of the enormously successful 'The Lion King' was essentially a fail-safe to lead the biggest musical production in Broadway history. And with a score by living rock legends U2's Bono and The Edge, the show's destiny as a...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 02:00 PM by Jason Newman
Will the initial round of arachnophobia among the nations' theater critics bring down 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,' director Julie Taymor's $65 million production set to open March 15? A slew of reviews were published earlier this week and the overall consensus was clear: the show is not exactly a critical darling, with reviewers calling it "a shrill, insipid mess," (Washington Post) "underba...
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 01:30 AM by Moviefone Editors
The first official image of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man has been released, courtesy of Columbia Pictures. Dark, disheveled and skinny probably best describe this first image of Garfield as Spidey. He's without the mask, which leaves us a little more to look forward to, and based on that scar, as well as the expression on his face, the iconic superhero has just been through one of the toughest...
- Posted Jan 12th 2011 at 12:20 AM by Moviefone Editors
While 'Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark' has become a bit of a punch line during the last month, the latest news about the Broadway adaptation of the popular Marvel comic will have Julie Taymor and her producers laughing – all the way to the bank. The New York Times reports that the upstart production, plagued by bad press since a rash of accidents left several actors and crew members injure...
- Posted Jan 5th 2011 at 10:59 AM by Jett Wells
Bono the fixer? With numerous accidents and technical issues marring the preview run of the 'Spider-Man' musical, one of the show's creative minds has swooped into New York City to make his honest assessment. The famed U2 rocker finally got to see the $65 million production live on stage Tuesday night with bandmate The Edge, The New York Times reports. While Bono was supposed to see 'Spider-Man...
- Posted Jan 3rd 2011 at 08:45 AM by PopEater Staff
Broadway actor and stuntman Christopher Tierney is speaking out for the first time about his disastrous 30-foot plunge on the set of the accident-plagued 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.' "The last thing I remember was, like, uh, just going, 'Oh, God,'" Tierney tells New York's WCBS-TV in an interview airing Monday night. He describes having to think mid-fall about how to minimize his inevitable...
- Posted Dec 26th 2010 at 09:04 AM by Christine Fenno
On Friday, following surgery on his back, Broadway actor Christopher Tierney took his first steps since his disastrous 30-foot plunge off the set of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' on Monday night. As the stunt man's condition improves, Tierney's father tells the Associated Press that the injured aerialist can't wait to return to his role, and also says that his son received a Christmas Eve vis...
Popeater Hot Topics
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Isn't Ready to 'Expose' Herself in a Swimsuit
- Watch Rachel Dratch Turn a Dull Den into the Most Fun Room in the House
- FROM EW: See the First Teaser Trailer for Zoolander 2
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Caitlyn Jenner Struggles With Wearing a Bathing Suit in Emotional I Am Cait Clip: Watch Now!
- Hoda Kotb Receives Special Surprise While Celebrating Her Birthday With Boyfriend "Boots" Joel Schiffman
- Is Caitlyn Jenner Dating Candis Cayne? I Am Cait Star Calls BFF ''Beautiful'' and ''Very Attractive''—Watch Now!