Posts with tag "spider-man"
- Posted Dec 24th 2010 at 07:30 AM by Elizabeth Townsend
Broadway's much-troubled 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' musical resumed performances on Thursday night with new safety protocols in place following Monday night's accident when a stunt performer plunged 30 feet when a cable snapped during an aerial stunt -- the musical's fourth accident since October. The good news? No accidents or major delays in the show. The cast and crew was...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2010 at 11:59 PM by Elizabeth Townsend
Broadway's ill-fated 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' will indeed go dark Wednesday night in order to make its set safer after a performer in a Spider-Man costume plunged 30 feet on Monday night when a cable snapped during an aerial stunt -- the musical's fourth accident since October. An investigation into the fall revealed that someone failed to attach top stunt man Chris Tierney's harness...
- Posted Dec 18th 2010 at 08:33 AM by Christine Fenno
As the $65 million Broadway behemoth 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' continues working out its widely reported kinks -- producers just announced another postponement of the opening date, after extensive media coverage of cast injuries and technical problems -- suspense builds about what the show will finally be like. Well, Conan O'Brien knows! Or thinks he does, anyway. The late-night host has...
- Posted Dec 16th 2010 at 04:10 PM by Sarah Crow
Spider-Man may be able to do whatever a spider can, but in real life, he runs into a few more hurdles. Case in point: the upcoming Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.' The production has been plagued with problems over the past few months, with everything from concussions to technical glitches sidelining the show. Now, the Julie Taymor-directed musical's opening has been pushed...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 09:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Look out! Here comes...yet another bummer for Spidey! A third cast member in the beleaguered Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has been injured on the job. In recent weeks, a dancer broke his wrists attempting a flying stunt in rehearsal, and a different actor sustained injuries to his feet trying the same stunt. Now, a spokesman for Natalie Mendoza, who plays villainess...
- Posted Nov 29th 2010 at 03:35 PM by John Mitchell
Launching the biggest show in the history of Broadway can't be easy – especially at a time when the Great White Way has been having a particularly rough go of things. But after years of delays and financial troubles, the makers of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' are forging ahead with the mega-musical, whether it's ready or not. Directed by the visionary behind the Broadway reimagining of...
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 10:19 AM by PopEater Staff
James Franco has proven himself to be many things in his relatively short time in Hollywood. He's: talented, funny, good-looking, smart and so forth. One thing we never took him to be was a pyromaniac ... but it turns out we underestimated the handsome fella. In the new issue of VMAN magazine given exclusively to PopEater, the 'Spider-Man' and 'Milk' star looks happy as a clam roasting a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged Meth Users Steal $100,000 Worth of Cattle from Amazing Race Star
- Cook Like Drew and Reese! The Country's Best Cooking School Vacations
- Barack Obama Attempts to Shop For Michelle and the Girls at the Gap
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself
- Matthew McConaughey's ?Wolf of Wall Street' chest thump gets a remix ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lopez says she would let both Ben Affleck and Diddy (hypothetically) drown ? VIDEO