Posts with tag "spider-man"
- Posted Dec 24th 2010 at 07:30 AM by Elizabeth Townsend
Broadway's much-troubled 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' musical resumed performances on Thursday night with new safety protocols in place following Monday night's accident when a stunt performer plunged 30 feet when a cable snapped during an aerial stunt -- the musical's fourth accident since October. The good news? No accidents or major delays in the show. The cast and crew was...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2010 at 11:59 PM by Elizabeth Townsend
Broadway's ill-fated 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' will indeed go dark Wednesday night in order to make its set safer after a performer in a Spider-Man costume plunged 30 feet on Monday night when a cable snapped during an aerial stunt -- the musical's fourth accident since October. An investigation into the fall revealed that someone failed to attach top stunt man Chris Tierney's harness...
- Posted Dec 18th 2010 at 08:33 AM by Christine Fenno
As the $65 million Broadway behemoth 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' continues working out its widely reported kinks -- producers just announced another postponement of the opening date, after extensive media coverage of cast injuries and technical problems -- suspense builds about what the show will finally be like. Well, Conan O'Brien knows! Or thinks he does, anyway. The late-night host has...
- Posted Dec 16th 2010 at 04:10 PM by Sarah Crow
Spider-Man may be able to do whatever a spider can, but in real life, he runs into a few more hurdles. Case in point: the upcoming Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.' The production has been plagued with problems over the past few months, with everything from concussions to technical glitches sidelining the show. Now, the Julie Taymor-directed musical's opening has been pushed...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 09:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Look out! Here comes...yet another bummer for Spidey! A third cast member in the beleaguered Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has been injured on the job. In recent weeks, a dancer broke his wrists attempting a flying stunt in rehearsal, and a different actor sustained injuries to his feet trying the same stunt. Now, a spokesman for Natalie Mendoza, who plays villainess...
- Posted Nov 29th 2010 at 03:35 PM by John Mitchell
Launching the biggest show in the history of Broadway can't be easy – especially at a time when the Great White Way has been having a particularly rough go of things. But after years of delays and financial troubles, the makers of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' are forging ahead with the mega-musical, whether it's ready or not. Directed by the visionary behind the Broadway reimagining of...
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 10:19 AM by PopEater Staff
James Franco has proven himself to be many things in his relatively short time in Hollywood. He's: talented, funny, good-looking, smart and so forth. One thing we never took him to be was a pyromaniac ... but it turns out we underestimated the handsome fella. In the new issue of VMAN magazine given exclusively to PopEater, the 'Spider-Man' and 'Milk' star looks happy as a clam roasting a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jodi Arias Back in Court for Sentencing Retrial
- Kylie Jenner Is Not Dating Rapper Tyga, Says Kris
- Everyone in Hollywood Is Wearing These Boots
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- Michael Sam Cut From Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad, Shares Hopes for an NFL Return on Twitter
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Recalls Hating "Girly" Things as a Kid, Talks About Being Bullied—Watch Now
- Jennifer Lopez Proves She's Still "Jenny From the Block" By Singing With This American Idol Hopeful