Posts with tag "steven spielberg"
- Posted Jul 2nd 2011 at 12:44 PM by Moviefone Editors
The best movies of 2011? Already? How can we possibly know? This weekend, our friends at Moviefone are looking back at this year's most entertaining films -- so far. After all, we've reached the exact halfway point of 2011. We know plenty of critics predicted 'The Beaver' would be a turkey, so you might be surprised to see it kick off the Top Ten. Did your faves make our countdown? 10. 'The ...
- Posted Jun 20th 2011 at 03:30 AM by Christo Varghese
It has been reported that Steven Spielberg demanded that actress Megan Fox be fired from the third 'Transformers' movie after she compared director Michael Bay to Hitler. The Daily Mail is reporting that Bay revealed that he was told to get rid of Fox, saying, "You know the Hitler thing. Steven (Spielberg) said, fire her right now." Spielberg is the executive producer of the 'Transformer' mo...
- Posted Jun 12th 2011 at 02:45 PM by Moviefone Editors
In addition to Ferris Bueller turning 25 yesterday, this weekend marked another major movie milestone. It's been 30 years (yes, thirty!) since the release of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark,' starring Harrison Ford. Ford, you may have heard, increased his fame just a little bit after springboarding from 'Star Wars' to the smash-hit Indiana Jones franchise. The actor, 68, was recently seen accepting a ...
- Posted Nov 20th 2010 at 02:12 PM by Moviefone Editors
Take note, Academy. Though Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln biopic has been delayed over the past several years, with Liam Neeson originally slated to play the 16th President of the United States before eventually dropping out because, as he suggested, "I'm past my sell-by date," the project is back on track, and making news. This week, producers have announced that two-time Oscar winner D...
- Posted May 17th 2010 at 08:25 AM by PopEater Staff
It's official: Shia LaBeouf has no filter. While hardly no one can blame the 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps' actor for recently saying he "wasn't impressed" with the Michael Bay-helmed 'Transformers 2,' his latest comments about another film and its much-more-famous director may actually catch some heat. Interviewed at the Cannes Film Festival, LaBeouf came right out and said he was saddened b...
- Posted Mar 11th 2010 at 05:18 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza
The world has a new richest man, according to Forbes. But chances are you wouldn't know if Carlos Slim, valued at $53.5 billion, stepped into the room. He doesn't have his own television show, fashion line or personal sneaker. He does have a stranglehold on Mexico's telecommunications industry. For that, we give him a sarcastic "hooray!" After the jump are the billionaires you do know. They're not...
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 04:03 PM by Tom Ganjamie
Judging from the trailer, 'The Road' is likely to be the feel good post-Apocalyptic movie romp of the holiday season. What is not readily apparent, though, is just how the filmmakers can cram egregious product placement into a film about surviving a bleak, unforgiving Hellscape. According to Seth Abramovitch at Movieline, the characters drink Vitamin Water and other Coca-Cola products with labels...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scandal Recap: Fitz and Mellie Plan Her Political Future as the Show Takes on Ferguson
- Harrison Ford Suffered 'Bad Laceration' to Scalp in Plane Crash, Says Eyewitness
- Aviation Expert on Harrison Ford's Crash Landing: 'Everything He Did Was Perfect'
- 'Battered' Harrison Ford survives crash landing on southern California golf course
- Kelly Clarkson's new album falls flat
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker's 'Happy Gilmore' feud lives on
- An Extended Trailer for Furious 7 Just Hit the Internet and It'll Make Your Stomach Drop—Watch Now!
- The Big Bang Theory Paid Tribute To Leonard Nimoy After Tonight's Episode And It Was Beautiful
- Taylor Swift Proves She ''Woke Up Like This'' With Gorgeous Makeup-Free Selfie—and Olivia Benson Looks Pretty Flawless, Too!