Posts with tag "superman"
- Posted Apr 30th 2011 at 02:21 PM by PopEater Staff
A controversial move was made in the world of comics this week with Superman, of all people, threatening to give up his American citizenship. The Los Angeles Times reported that in the latest issue of Action Comics, Clark Kent's alter ego decides he's had enough, after the Secret Service reprimands the superhero for appearing at a non-violent protest against the Iranian government. "I intend...
- Posted Mar 28th 2011 at 10:15 PM by John Mitchell
Fans of both big-budget film spectacle and comic book lore breathed a sigh of relief this weekend when it was announced that three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams ('The Fighter') had been cast as Lois Lane in the highly anticipated reboot of 'Superman: Man of Steel.' The casting of Adams seems to indicate that director Zack Snyder ('300,' 'Sucker Punch') is aiming for dramatic heft over It-girl...
- Posted Mar 28th 2011 at 01:00 AM by Moviefone Editors
So far director Zack Snyder's 'Superman' movie is known as being the film that likes to break big casting news on Sunday. Not long after the final box office numbers for the weekend revealed a second place finish for Snyder's 'Sucker Punch,' the director phoned actress Amy Adams from Paris to let her know she had been chosen to play Lois Lane in his upcoming 'Superman' movie, due in theaters in...
- Posted Jan 30th 2011 at 01:41 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Superman's red cape is officially being inherited by a new leading man. According to the New York Times, 27-year-old Henry Cavill, a relatively unknown British actor known to fans of Showtime's 'The Tudors,' has just been cast as the Man of Steel in director Zack Snyder's new reboot of the franchise. It's the second reboot in a less than a decade. Brandon Routh was cast as Clark Kent/Superman...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 11:30 AM by Jenna Busch
Regardless of what you think of the sparkly vampires of the 'Twilight' saga, you know some of the fans can be a bit... obsessive. In tonight's episode of 'Private Practice,' we have a young girl who is letting her boyfriend bite her. Nothing says love like a chomp on the neck, right? PopEater got a chance to chat with star Tim Daly about the episode, why he doesn't get vampires, how no one...
Popeater Hot Topics
- 24-Year-Old Single Michigan Mom Wins $66-Million Lottery
- Hilary Duff: My Split from Mike Comrie Has Been 'Very Difficult'
- This Ice Cream Changes Color When You Lick It
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!