Posts with tag "susan boyle"
- Posted Apr 20th 2010 at 10:48 AM by Dino Sossi
'I Dreamed a Dream' of a new book written by ... Susan Boyle? The Scottish singer will write an autobiography chronicling her rise to fame after her iconic performance of 'Dream' on 'Britain's Got Talent,' reports BBC News. "I'm writing this book to try to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and I hope it will benefit other people," the 49-year-old YouTube phenom stated. 'The...
- Posted Mar 12th 2010 at 03:24 PM by PopEater Staff
Police have arrested a 16-year-old male in connection with the break-in at Susan Boyle's home in Scotland, BBC News is reporting. The singer got a scare when she arrived home on Jan. 26 to find the uninvited guest, who promptly made a run for it. It's unknown whether anything was stolen. Boyle was returning from London, where she recorded the 'Helping Haiti' charity single. A police report at...
- Posted Feb 24th 2010 at 03:43 PM by PopEater Staff
After an alarming break-in last month, Susan Boyle's brothers have come forward with their concerns for her well-being. John and Gerry Boyle fear she's unable to handle the pressure of celebrity and may reach her breaking point soon. "The traveling and the whole [fame] thing is exhausting. She still has her anxieties and her loneliness," Gerry tells PEOPLE. Boyle's older brother John claims the...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 11:30 AM by Dino Sossi
'American Idol' judge Simon Cowell's new charity song for Haitian earthquake victims featuring artists as varied as Susan Boyle, Jon Bon Jovi and Mariah Carey hit airwaves today. The song is a cover of REM's classic ballad 'Everybody Hurts.' Cowell quickly recorded more than 20 stars in hopes of raising money on behalf of survivors of a devastating earthquake which has claimed the lives of up...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 10:57 AM by Marc Schneider
There were a lot of winners Sunday at the Grammys, but as with any other awards show you've got to have some stinkers in the mix. While we're passport-holding residents of Colbert Nation, we weren't feeling great about Stephen Colbert and his spotty, Susan Boyle-bashing monologue. The Comedy Central star seemed off from the start, and received an icy glare from Jay-Z after giving him a...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle has always always professed a deep love for songstress Elaine Paige, with whom she shared the stage last year as they sang Paige's hit 'I Know Him So Well' together. It seems that the adoration is a bit one-sided though, as Paige has fired back at Boyle's rise to stardom and what it took to get there. "'Britain's Got Talent' and 'The X Factor' just take a bunch of people from real...
- Posted Jan 27th 2010 at 01:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle returned home to an unexpected houseguest Tuesday night, BBC reports. The intruder made a run for it when Boyle arrived at her Blackburn home, and still hasn't been identified by police. "The owner was very distressed to find someone had been within her home and we are keen to speak to anyone who can assist with our investigations," police said. But Boyle appeared happy on...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 11:46 AM by Amber James
Celebrities are finding more creative ways to give back to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. With the help of online downloads, everyone from Rihanna, Linkin Park, Jay-Z and Bono are releasing songs in which all the profits will be donated to relief organizations. In addition, all the music from Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' benefit will be on sale for 99 cents each through iTunes starting...
- Posted Jan 20th 2010 at 10:02 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle wants the world to know that she isn't crazy. During an interview on the 'Oprah Winfrey Show,' Boyle brushed off all those reports that she was unable to deal with being transformed into an international star. She added that her exhaustion was more the result of working too hard than an inability to cope with her new-found fame. The 'Britian's Got Talent' contestant revealed the...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 11:59 PM by Mike Hess
Ke$ha isn't exactly subtle when it comes to what she likes: Partying, speaking her mind and doing whatever she wants. It's those ethos that have put her at the top of the singles chart -- and likely at the top of this week's Billboard chart, pegged to the success of her hit song 'Tik Tok' on her debut album 'Animal.' So how can a 22-year-old girl from Nashville go from writing a hit song for Miley...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged Meth Users Steal $100,000 Worth of Cattle from Amazing Race Star
- Cook Like Drew and Reese! The Country's Best Cooking School Vacations
- Barack Obama Attempts to Shop For Michelle and the Girls at the Gap
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?New Girl' recap: Courtroom Brown
- ?Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself
- Matthew McConaughey's ?Wolf of Wall Street' chest thump gets a remix ? VIDEO
- The Originals Shocker: Star Claire Holt Exiting the Series—Find Out What Happened to Rebekah!
- Real Housewives of New York's Shocking Confession, Glee's Tear-Jerking Nationals Performance and More OMG TV Moments
- Juan Pablo Galavis Releases Video Montage of His Best Moments With Nikki Ferrell from The Bachelor and Beyond—Watch Now!