Posts with tag "susan boyle"
- Posted Dec 3rd 2010 at 10:15 AM by Jett Wells
Less than two years ago, Susan Boyle was just a small-town girl from Scotland without a recording contract or a personal stylist or any of the other luxuries of fame. Now she's riding high with a new album, and not even the latest record from the normally-dominant Black Eyed Peas can keep her from retaking the top spot on the Billboard 200 album chart. Neither BEP's 'The Beginning' nor 'Glee: T...
- Posted Nov 17th 2010 at 07:00 AM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Kate Middleton isn't the only lady in the U.K. with something to smile about this week -- Billboard just announced that Susan Boyle's holiday album, 'The Gift,' has bumped Taylor Swift from the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart. Swift has dominated the charts for the past two weeks, but her 'Speak Now' album was no match for Boyle, who moved 317,600 units. "Singing is the best job in the w...
- Posted Nov 12th 2010 at 11:00 PM by PopEater Staff
In a rare on-camera interview, 'Britain's Got Talent' star Susan Boyle opens up about staying grounded with the help of her family and friends in Scotland and balancing her public and private life. Boyle, whose second album, a holiday collection titled 'The Gift,' is in stores now, also reminisces about the most memorable presents she ever received. Watch the full interview below, plus see her ver...
- Posted Nov 7th 2010 at 05:00 PM by PopEater Staff
For her first-ever music video, 'Britain's Got Talent' break-out star Susan Boyle offers a cinematic journey through stunning natural settings for her cover of rocker Lou Reed's 1972 classic 'Perfect Day' -- one of the tracks featured on her new album, 'The Gift,' in stores November 9. Directed by Reed himself, the video was a way of showing support for the Scottish siren after his not-so-favo...
- Posted Nov 1st 2010 at 01:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- TV News
'Britain's Got Talent' phenomenon Susan Boyle will guest star on the holiday episode of 'Glee.' Earlier this year, Entertainment Weekly reported that 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy wanted Boyle to appear as a lunch lady in the show's season 2 holiday episode. Looks like he's getting his wish: According to Vulture, SuBo is on board for the episode. The Scottish singer's second album, 'The Gift,' ...
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 06:54 AM by PopEater Staff
'Britain's Got Talent' sensation Susan Boyle sat down with Oprah Winfrey on Tuesday to give her take on the hot-button issue of the day: bullying. The operatic singer, there to promote her book 'The Woman I Was Born to Be,' recounted growing up in Scotland with taunts for being different. Winfrey, seizing on the issue, asked Boyle what kinds of things bullies would do to her. Things like "burni...
- Posted Aug 12th 2010 at 10:20 AM by Steven Avalos
Almost daily, a new challenger hoping to snatch Susan Boyle's unlikely-singing-sensation crown surfaces. From Taiwan's Whitney Houston-singing Lin Yu Chun to 81-year-old powerhouse Janey Cutler, it's been a close race, but could the real contender be 10-year-old Jackie Evancho? The young girl graced the 'America's Got Talent' stage this week, delivering a beautiful performance that received a stan...
- Posted Jul 10th 2010 at 10:10 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle got her start as an unknown on 'Britain's Got Talent,' now the singer is looking for some untapped talent on her own. The Scottish sensation is holding a competition on her website and the winner gets a chance to sing with her on her next album. Participants are asked to upload a video of themselves to Boyle's YouTube channel singing 'Silent Night.' "Well, when I did 'Britain'...
- Posted Jun 10th 2010 at 06:59 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Susan Boyle is taking the next big step in her career. The 'Britain's Got Talent' singing sensation will likely perform for Pope Benedict XVI on his tour of Britain later this year, the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland told the Associated Press. A spokesman said Thursday that negotiations are still taking place, but Boyle is expected to sing at an open-air papal Mass in Glasgow's Bellahouston Par...
- Posted May 10th 2010 at 01:45 PM by Steven Avalos
Ever since Susan Boyle's iconic performance on 'Britain's Got Talent' last year, the world has been eager to crown a successor as the next unlikely singing phenomenon. And boy, have there been plenty of challengers! Ranging from 8-year-old Laura Fontana's best Lady Gaga impression on Brazilian television to Taiwan's Lin Yu Chun, who has a set of pipes rivaling Whitney Houston in her prime, hundred...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
- Hillary Scott on Lady Antebellum's Tour Bus Fire: It's 'Nothing Compared to What It Could Have Been'
- Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard: Israel David's Birth Brought Us Closer Together
- Miley Cyrus and Scout Willis flash their nipples in photo shoot
- R&B singer Johnny Kemp found dead on beach
- Shia LaBeouf says rehab therapy was like method acting
- Miley Cyrus Can't Stop Changing Her Look at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony, Admits She ''Wanted to Have Sex" With Joan Jett
- Reggie Bush and Lilit Avagyan Are Expecting a Baby Boy! Get the Latest on the "Overjoyed and Happy" Couple
- Who Does the Outlander Cast "Ship"? Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe and More Reveal the Couples They Love