Posts with tag "sxsw"
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 01:30 AM by Spinner Editors
SXSW's longstanding nickname "Indie Rock Spring Break" certainly wasn't accurate during the final day of the Austin music festival as hip-hop took over the Texas town, culminating in Kanye West's not-so-secret show in the city's former power plant. After a day marked by stellar sets from Big Boi at the MOG showcase at the Mohawk; Killer Mike, Lil B and a surprise mini-set from Diddy and Odd ...
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
Four people ended up in the hospital Friday, following an incident that occurred as Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark (OMD) was about to begin playing during the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. An overhead camera boom weighing approximately 350 pounds, suspended roughly 10 feet off the ground, fell onto audience members at the SXSW venue Stubb's, just moments before the ...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 09:10 AM by Rob Shuter
Mel Gibson was noticeably absent from the South by Southwest Film Festival last night when 'The Beaver,' his long-delayed dark comedy directed by friend Jodie Foster, premiered to an excited audience. While Jodie was singing his praises on the red carpet, Mel took the evening off to get booked in his criminal battery case, but I'm told that even if he wasn't doing some housekeeping, the film's ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes Leaves Treatment Center for Parents' Home
- Did Jennifer Aniston Inspire BFF Chelsea Handler's Haircut?
- New Wonder Woman Gal Gadot: Five Fast Facts
- 'Fast and Furious 7' could be canceled after Paul Walker's death
- Break Time: Rebecca Black regrets viral video 'Friday'?!
- Henry Cavill beats out other hunks as Glamour's sexiest man: Who's really the sexiest man of 2013?
- ?Arrow' react: The new guy in town
- ?Fast & Furious' pays tribute to Paul Walker's Brian O'Conner ? VIDEO
- Kim Kardashian Spotted Strolling (Literally) With Baby North West in New York City—Take a Look!
- Kellie Pickler Asks Bethenny Frankel What the Mile High Club Is, Talks About How She and Hubby Keep Things "Spicy"
- Paul Walker's Dad Reveals Eerie Last Conversation With His Son: I Told Him "Promise Me, No More Daredevil Stuff"