Posts with tag "sxsw"
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 01:30 AM by Spinner Editors
SXSW's longstanding nickname "Indie Rock Spring Break" certainly wasn't accurate during the final day of the Austin music festival as hip-hop took over the Texas town, culminating in Kanye West's not-so-secret show in the city's former power plant. After a day marked by stellar sets from Big Boi at the MOG showcase at the Mohawk; Killer Mike, Lil B and a surprise mini-set from Diddy and Odd...
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
Four people ended up in the hospital Friday, following an incident that occurred as Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark (OMD) was about to begin playing during the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. An overhead camera boom weighing approximately 350 pounds, suspended roughly 10 feet off the ground, fell onto audience members at the SXSW venue Stubb's, just moments before the...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 09:10 AM by Rob Shuter
Mel Gibson was noticeably absent from the South by Southwest Film Festival last night when 'The Beaver,' his long-delayed dark comedy directed by friend Jodie Foster, premiered to an excited audience. While Jodie was singing his praises on the red carpet, Mel took the evening off to get booked in his criminal battery case, but I'm told that even if he wasn't doing some housekeeping, the film's...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Samantha Harris Is 'Elated' to Be Cancer Free
- You Have to See Renowned Concert Pianist Lang Lang Play Mozart - on a Baby Piano
- Meet the Secret Service K-9 Heroes Who Took Down the White House Fence Jumper
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!