Posts with tag "taylor hicks"
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 04:15 PM by Rob Shuter
'American Idol' season five winner Taylor Hicks was watching the show's big, shaken-up 10th season premiere last night and had a bold opinion to share with me. "We have found a new 'American Idol,' and his name is Steven Tyler," Taylor tells me. "I enjoy the judges this year, especially Steven, who is the breath of fresh air the show needed. Now all we have to do is find the contest that...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 09:04 PM by Benjy Eisen
You could say that, in its own way, 'American Idol' is not too unlike the classic television series 'The Gong Show,' which ran on NBC in the '70s and '80s. So then the irony was not lost on 'American Idol' winner Taylor Hicks when he hosted his own version of 'The Gong Show' on a cruise ship this past week. The show was part of Jam Cruise, a six-day traveling music festival that sets sail in the...
- Posted Jun 30th 2010 at 07:30 PM by Adam Horne
- Filed under:
- Music News
Since 'American Idol' first invaded our pop culture zeitgeist back in 2002, the show has spawned some of music's biggest stars. Numerous 'Idol' alumni have gone on to record Platinum-selling, Grammy-winning records while others have maintained niche audiences or found success pursuing different career paths. Have a look at some of the most notable former 'Idols.' Carrie Underwood Not every...
- Posted May 26th 2010 at 10:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Departing judge Simon Cowell was supposed to be the center of attention in the 'American Idol' season 9 finale. But ironically, it was the former 'American Idol' winners who stole the show during his special farewell tribute segment, which also featured the return of former judge Paula Abdul. In a true show-stopping moment, winners Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie...
- Posted May 23rd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Now that 'American Idol' is once again down to the top two, we'll be seeing a lot of those 'Idol' lists. Most successful 'Idols,' most album sales, fan favorites. There's only so many times we can read about Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, no? Well 'Idol' success comes in lots of shapes and sizes. You have the Carrie and Kelly set. They've each sold over 10 million albums and reached...
- Posted May 5th 2009 at 04:39 PM by Amber James
When Taylor Hicks took the title of 'American Idol' during the show's fifth season, many wondered how long the gray-haired soul singer would last. Hicks told PopEater that he's had the last laugh. Juggling a "tour within a tour," Hicks is starring as Teen Angel in the touring production of 'Grease' while still performing live concerts in promotion of his second album, 'The Distance.' ...
- Posted Jan 16th 2009 at 12:23 PM by Amber James
Each year after the whirlwind 'American Idol' tour ends, most contestants are kicked to the curb and forced to fend for themselves. Inevitably, an 'Idol' with a great voice and stage presence will head to the Great White Way, in hopes of becoming a star on Broadway. But is the tandem relationship between Broadway shows and 'Idol' guest-stars just a final effort to cash in before they fade away? ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Defends Slimmer Frame
- Selena Gomez's Family Concerned About Justin Bieber Reunion: Source
- Bachelor Finale Style Recap: It's Time to Talk About the Dresses
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself
- Matthew McConaughey's ?Wolf of Wall Street' chest thump gets a remix ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lopez says she would let both Ben Affleck and Diddy (hypothetically) drown ? VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks Gone Girl Sex Scene, Calls Dressing in Drag for Hedwig Role "Intoxicating"
- Bill O'Reilly Slams Beyoncé, Says She "Glorifies" Sex and Is a Bad Role Model for Girls
- Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan Among Forbes Most Overexposed Celebs—See Who Else Made the Cut!