Posts with tag "taylor hicks"
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 04:15 PM by Rob Shuter
'American Idol' season five winner Taylor Hicks was watching the show's big, shaken-up 10th season premiere last night and had a bold opinion to share with me. "We have found a new 'American Idol,' and his name is Steven Tyler," Taylor tells me. "I enjoy the judges this year, especially Steven, who is the breath of fresh air the show needed. Now all we have to do is find the contest that giv...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 09:04 PM by Benjy Eisen
You could say that, in its own way, 'American Idol' is not too unlike the classic television series 'The Gong Show,' which ran on NBC in the '70s and '80s. So then the irony was not lost on 'American Idol' winner Taylor Hicks when he hosted his own version of 'The Gong Show' on a cruise ship this past week. The show was part of Jam Cruise, a six-day traveling music festival that sets sail in the C...
- Posted Jun 30th 2010 at 07:30 PM by Adam Horne
- Filed under:
- Music News
Since 'American Idol' first invaded our pop culture zeitgeist back in 2002, the show has spawned some of music's biggest stars. Numerous 'Idol' alumni have gone on to record Platinum-selling, Grammy-winning records while others have maintained niche audiences or found success pursuing different career paths. Have a look at some of the most notable former 'Idols.' Carrie Underwood Not every ...
- Posted May 26th 2010 at 10:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Departing judge Simon Cowell was supposed to be the center of attention in the 'American Idol' season 9 finale. But ironically, it was the former 'American Idol' winners who stole the show during his special farewell tribute segment, which also featured the return of former judge Paula Abdul. In a true show-stopping moment, winners Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underw...
- Posted May 23rd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Now that 'American Idol' is once again down to the top two, we'll be seeing a lot of those 'Idol' lists. Most successful 'Idols,' most album sales, fan favorites. There's only so many times we can read about Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, no? Well 'Idol' success comes in lots of shapes and sizes. You have the Carrie and Kelly set. They've each sold over 10 million albums and reached super...
- Posted May 5th 2009 at 04:39 PM by Amber James
When Taylor Hicks took the title of 'American Idol' during the show's fifth season, many wondered how long the gray-haired soul singer would last. Hicks told PopEater that he's had the last laugh. Juggling a "tour within a tour," Hicks is starring as Teen Angel in the touring production of 'Grease' while still performing live concerts in promotion of his second album, 'The Distance.' ...
- Posted Jan 16th 2009 at 12:23 PM by Amber James
Each year after the whirlwind 'American Idol' tour ends, most contestants are kicked to the curb and forced to fend for themselves. Inevitably, an 'Idol' with a great voice and stage presence will head to the Great White Way, in hopes of becoming a star on Broadway. But is the tandem relationship between Broadway shows and 'Idol' guest-stars just a final effort to cash in before they fade away? ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: Inside the Final Weeks of Their Marriage
- Donna Karan Retires from Her Company After 30 Years - a Look Back at Some of Her Most Memorable Gowns
- Jeb Bush Releases 33 Years of Tax Returns, Has Earned More Than $26 Million Since Leaving Office
- Security Beefed Up as Bobbi Kristina Brown's condition grows increasingly dire: Source
- Chrissy Teigen goes topless for magazine, fights with Instagram
- Miss USA loses Cheryl Burke as a co-host
- Zac Efron and Sami Miró Are Going Strong! See the Actor's Hunky Beach Pic With Bikini-Clad Girlfriend
- Amber Heard Slays at the London Premiere of Magic Mike XXL—See Her Breathtaking Pucci Dress From All Angles!
- The 10 Most Devastating Celebrity Breakups, Ranked