Posts with tag "the social network"
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 11:10 AM by Zach Dionne
After having a Hollywood version of himself blasted in box office winner 'The Social Network' this weekend, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg lent his likeness -- and his voice -- to 'The Simpsons' on Sunday night. The 26-year-old billionaire encouraged Lisa to quit school if she really wants to succeed, pointing out Bill Gates and Virgin's Richard Branson as other dropout billionaires. Vulture ...
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 07:25 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Facebook certainly has many fans. 'The Social Network,' the silver-screen story about the creation of the popular site, debuted at No. 1 and earned an easy box office victory, with an estimated $23 million earned. As expected, the movie's positive word of mouth, strong reviews (including much Oscar buzz), youth-appeal subject matter, and canny marketing (like that wonderfully viral trailer) ...
- Posted Oct 1st 2010 at 06:45 PM by Rebecca Macatee
We love a good geek to chic, nerd-next-door who makes it big, story. That's why Mark Zuckerberg, cofounder and CEO of Facebook, has been largely perceived as a likable, brilliant young entrepreneur. But today's nationwide release of, 'The Social Network' is very likely to change our perception of our programming pal, Mark Z. As we all know from the dramatized trailers and media buzz, 'The Soc...
- Posted Sep 30th 2010 at 03:32 PM by PopEater Staff
Justin Timberlake isn't done with music yet, but he's not in a rush to get back until it feels right. "Does a painter make a painting because he has to make it by December 21st?" Timberlake asked EW in a cover story interview. "No, he doesn't. It happens when it pours out of him. That's how music is for me..." Timberlake, along with his cast of geek emperors in 'The Social Network,' spoke to...
- Posted Sep 29th 2010 at 01:50 PM by PopEater Staff
PopEater hit up the 'Social Network' premiere in NYC to hear how the cast feels about being in one of the biggest, brashest, slickest movies of the year. The trio of leading gentlemen including Jesse Eisenberg (who doesn't even have his own Facebook page!), Andrew Garfield and Armie Hammer fawned over veteran filmmaker David Fincher and writer Aaron Sorkin, and reflected upon the meaning and impac...
- Posted Sep 27th 2010 at 04:05 PM by PopEater Staff
Lights were flashing and hype was in the air at the 'The Social Network' premiere on day one of the 2010 New York Film Festival on Friday, and PopEater caught up with Justin Timberlake on the red carpet. Since we decided to launch an Oscar campaign for JT on Facebook last week, we just had to break the news to him when we had the chance. While calling the role as the diabolical Sean Parker "delici...
- Posted Sep 24th 2010 at 11:37 AM by Jett Wells
Actor Jesse Eisenberg and director David Fincher of 'The Social Network' created a movie about Facebook and its founder Mark Zuckerberg that lays out the controversial story behind its inception, and yet ... neither of them actually uses Facebook. Eisenberg and Fincher sat down for a Q&A at the Apple retail store in the Soho neighborhood of Manhattan on Sept. 23 to answer questions about th...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2010 at 06:45 PM by PopEater Staff
In the wake of Lindsay Lohan's much-publicized problems with cocaine, another Hollywood heavyweight is coming clean about his past struggle with the drug. Aaron Sorkin, creator-writer of 'West Wing' among other huge TV and movie hits, spoke with W Magazine about his battle with drug addiction, his trips to rehab and the inevitable relapses. On his addiction in the 1990s, Sorkin explains he neve...
- Posted Sep 15th 2010 at 03:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: After taking in an early preview of David Fincher's 'The Social Network,' aka the Facebook movie, several scary thoughts come to mind, including: A) Mark Zuckerberg comes off like an Adderall-fueled sociopath, and B) Justin Timberlake might actually get an Oscar nomination out of this. Without writing a full review or venturing into spoiler territory, here are some highlights everyone s...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Extremists May Have Plotted to Attack the Vatican, Italian Officials Say
- Eva Longoria on Her Boyfriend: 'There's Just So Much Happiness and Joy In My Life'
- Patrick Dempsey: It's Been An Incredible 11 Years on Grey's Anatomy
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Mike Tyson doesn't bust a move on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Kim Kardashian on Brother Rob Kardashian's Private Struggle: ''He's Not Comfortable in His Own Skin''—Watch
- Blake Lively Breastfed Daughter James During Recent Interview, Asked Reporter, ''Please Don't Describe My Areolas''
- Nope, Kylie Jenner Didn't Actually Tweet About Those Blac Chyna and Tyga Screenshots