Posts with tag "the beatles"
- Posted Apr 7th 2010 at 08:00 AM by Jason Newman
Earlier this week, singer Erykah Badu was fined $500 and issued a disorderly conduct citation by Dallas law enforcement for her guerrilla-style video for 'Window Seat,' which saw the singer strip naked in the city's Dealey Plaza. While the directors of the controversial video admitted to MTV that everyone had one eye on police lookout and had collected bail money in advance, Badu was able to make...
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 11:57 AM by Nana-Adwoa Ofori
A "brain freeze" can happen to anyone and even celebrities are prone to it - accidentally dropping the ball in the middle of their most popular song with millions of viewers watching and critiquing. Even though musicians practice to perfect their performance, sometimes stuff happens. Even just missing one word during a concert can send an otherwise seasoned artist off the edge muttering to...
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 04:35 PM by Lonny Knapp
When LIGHTS joined forces with Marvel Digital Comics artist Tomm Coker to produce the animated mini-series 'Audio Quest: A Captain LIGHTS Adventure,' the Canadian electro-popper joined The Beatles, Britney Spears, and Red Hot Chili Peppers in the long list of pop stars immortalized as cartoon characters. For the ten semi-animated shorts airing on MTV and Youtube, LIGHTS swaps her keytar for a...
- Posted Oct 24th 2009 at 11:25 AM by Scott Harris
One general rule of thumb that is apparent even to young children is this: anything that can be done can be done better with Legos. And what's true for toys is proving to be equally true for pop culture and the internet, with ever more elaborate renditions of movies, songs and TV shows appearing constantly in an attempt to harness the magic power of those delightful little blocks. Because as much...
- Posted Oct 22nd 2009 at 01:05 PM by Melissa Daniels
Each week, the 'Glee' club of McKinley High put on amazing productions as they rehearse, perform and prepare for their sectional competitions. With genres ranging from musical theater to country to hip-hop, the group has had as much success with energetic, classic rock songs as they have with sweet and soulful ballads. Here's 10 picks we think make great choices for Will Schuester to assign to...
- Posted Sep 11th 2009 at 11:37 AM by PopEater Staff
Simon Cowell picked the wrong week to speak poorly of the Beatles. The 'American Idol' judge known for his unfiltered flapper said that if the Fab Four had taken part in his British talent show 'The X-Factor,' he would have rejected the poor blokes because of their drummer, Ringo Starr. But now he tells RadarOnline.com he was just having a laugh, and meant no disrespect to the band, which has a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian vs. Ciara: Whose Bold Style Wins Paris Fashion Week?
- From EW: Adam Sandler to Star in New Movies Exclusively for Netflix
- The Daily Treat: School Principal Joins Student's Laser Cat Photo for Yearbook
- Amanda Bynes' mental stability questioned again
- Adam Sandler to make four films for Netflix
- 'Real Housewives' stars Teresa and Joe Giudice face sentencing, could be imprisoned
- Entertainment Geekly: Have we reached Peak Batman?
- Michael Jackson's ?Thriller' video to be released in 3D
- How one musician makes music from the sounds of YouTube
- Why "Huckleberry Quinn" Will Definitely Be a Trending Topic During Tonight's Episode of Scandal
- Vampire Diaries Boss Julie Plec Reveals Season 6 Surprises: Is Elena Getting a New Love Interest?!
- Shirtless Nick Jonas Shows Off His Hot Body—You've Gotta See This New Pic!