Posts with tag "the biggest loser"
- Posted Mar 15th 2011 at 11:35 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Gut Reactions -
- Health Issues -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
America's toughest trainer, Jillian Michaels, landed in hot water last year when she told Women's Health that she would rather adopt an African baby as opposed to getting pregnant because "I can't handle doing that to my body." Readers piled on, with one lambasting Jillian for promoting the "extremely misguided idea that pregnancy is some sort of 'disease' that women should avoid." In an inte...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2011 at 03:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Everywhere we channel surf these days, there is a new reality show where fat people are getting skinny. It all began with NBC's 'The Biggest Loser' and has continued in various iterations on VH1 ('Celebrity Fit Club'), MTV ('I Used to be Fat') and, most recently, A&E ('Heavy'). Weight loss porn has become a special form of voyeuristic television. Each of the shows approaches losing weight i...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 11:30 AM by The Editors of StyleList
'The Biggest Loser' and 'Losing It With Jillian' trainer Jillian Michaels has not always been so confident about her physical self. The 36-year-old fitness fanatic reveals in the new issue of Parade magazine's Healthy Style that she went under the knife to rid her face of a nose that was "the size of a softball" and subjected her to cruel ridicule in middle school. Michaels, who has admitted...
- Posted Jun 21st 2010 at 04:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Kai Hibbard, a finalist on the third season of 'The Biggest Loser,' reveals how dangerous she feels the show really is to its contestants. "I have people that come up to me and talk to me and ask me why they can't lose 12 pounds in a week when I did. When I didn't. It didn't happen. It's TV," she told the CBS 'Early Show.' "I need to take blame and responsibility for the fact that I helped perp...
- Posted May 30th 2010 at 02:00 PM by Denise Warner
Jillian Michaels, the feisty trainer on 'The Biggest Loser,' has a new show, 'Losing It With Jillian,' premiering June 1 at 10PM on NBC, where she travels across America to work and live with several families to change their lives for the better. Michaels wants you to know that it's nothing like the show that made her famous. "There's really no common thread, other than me. 'The Biggest Loser' ...
- Posted May 3rd 2010 at 10:00 AM by Jane Boursaw
I'll start off this post by saying that I'm a big fan of 'The Biggest Loser.' It's inspiring to see overweight people change their lives for the better, and they're darn courageous to do it on national TV. I can barely stand to step on a scale with just myself in the room, so I can't imagine doing it in front of millions of people every week. And those scales are so huge. There's no running and...
- Posted Apr 26th 2010 at 12:20 PM by The Pop Chorus
'Biggest Loser' trainer Jillian Michaels told Women's Health she would rather adopt than become pregnant, saying, "I can't handle doing that to my body." The body-conscious trainer, 36, carries 120 pounds on her tiny 5'2" frame, but says she was an overweight teen, topping out at 175 pounds. We turned to our Pop Chorus -- to women who know where Michaels is comin' from, specifically -- to hear ...
- Posted Jan 4th 2010 at 03:59 PM by PopEater Staff
'The Biggest Loser' trainer Jillian Michaels is about to face her most difficult challenge this season. The show's producers are bringing the biggest contestant ever to the show: Michael Ventrella, who weighs in at 526 pounds. His size and the size of other contestants this year has Michaels worried. The tough-love trainer shows her concern for the contestants' medical safety. "The contestants ...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 10:45 AM by PopEater Staff
In an new Life & Style interview given exclusively to PopEater, 'The Biggest Loser' contestant Abigail Rike reveals she faced more challenges than just losing 82 pounds during season eight. After her husband and two children were killed in a horrific car crash in 2006, Rike turned to food to ease the pain. Now three years later, Rike admits focusing on her weight loss has helped her regain pur...
- Posted Oct 6th 2009 at 11:20 AM by Denise Warner
- Filed under:
- TV News
A new Nintendo Wii game based on the popular 'Biggest Loser' series hits stores on October 6, and Bob Harper, a trainer on the show, is very excited about it. More About The Game "It's almost like being a contestant on the show. Not only is there a workout, but there are challenges and there's recipes from our book. There's the whole package in this video game," he says. In an interview with...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain Share a Hug at Sundance
- Lindsay Lohan Poses in Her Underwear and Jokes About Untreatable Illness
- How Did JLo's Sexy Co-Star Sculpt His Washboard Abs?
- TV talk show pioneer Joe Franklin dead at 88
- Mandy Moore and musician husband Ryan Adams splitting
- Bill Cosby postpones Charlotte stand-up show
- Blake Shelton takes over ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Bill Maher calls ?American Sniper' Chris Kyle ?a psychopath patriot'
- Rihanna Shocks Fans By Dropping New Music With Kanye West and Paul McCartney—Listen Now!