Posts with tag "the pacific"
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Budgets over $200 million are usually reserved for the likes of Jerry Bruckheimer and James Cameron. That kind of budget buys a lot of explosions, car chases, 3-D effects and big-time stars. Well, $217 million is what HBO spent to produce it's Emmy nominated World War II miniseries 'The Pacific.' They spent an additional $10 million on an aggressive marketing campaign, according to a story in...
- Posted Jul 17th 2010 at 08:00 AM by Jane Boursaw
Pop-Ed: How accurate do TV shows and movies have to be when it comes to telling real-life history? Is it OK to fudge the details to enhance the story? Or should the storyteller be a stickler for detail? While doing press for 'The Pacific' earlier this year, Tom Hanks told listeners of Dennis Miller's radio show that the HBO series wasn't really intended to be a "big picture" view of the war in t...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Screen Actors Glasses: Stylish Lady Frames Ruled the SAG Awards
- Emma Stone and Julia Roberts Give Their Unique Spin to the Lady Tux
- Birdman Wins the SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- 'Birdman' tops SAG Awards, Redmayne upsets Keaton
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- SAG Awards 2015: We live-blogged it
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Zach Galifianakis Is Nearly Unrecognizable as Actor Shows Off Weight Loss, Rocks Man Bun at 2015 SAG Awards
- Naomi Watts Trips Over Emma Stone's Skirt, Zach Galifianakis Copies Julianne Moore's Speech After Birdman Win at 2015 SAG Awards
- 2015 SAG Awards Best Hair Trends—Split Parts, Old Hollywood Glamour and More