Posts with tag "the pacific"
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Budgets over $200 million are usually reserved for the likes of Jerry Bruckheimer and James Cameron. That kind of budget buys a lot of explosions, car chases, 3-D effects and big-time stars. Well, $217 million is what HBO spent to produce it's Emmy nominated World War II miniseries 'The Pacific.' They spent an additional $10 million on an aggressive marketing campaign, according to a story in...
- Posted Jul 17th 2010 at 08:00 AM by Jane Boursaw
Pop-Ed: How accurate do TV shows and movies have to be when it comes to telling real-life history? Is it OK to fudge the details to enhance the story? Or should the storyteller be a stickler for detail? While doing press for 'The Pacific' earlier this year, Tom Hanks told listeners of Dennis Miller's radio show that the HBO series wasn't really intended to be a "big picture" view of the war in...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Adrian Peterson Is Named in Second Child Abuse Complaint
- Julianne Hough's DWTS Photo Diary: The Star Goes Ultra-Sexy for Week One
- Daphne Oz: Why My Husband Is 'Vital' to My Breastfeeding Success
- Miranda Lambert breaks down when singing to 7-year-old fan with cancer
- Lack of moms in Disney movies explained
- Rihanna slams CBS for pulling her song, adding it back following Ray Rice scandal
- Burning questions about ?Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,' answered
- Angela Lansbury is taking her ?Blithe Spirit' on a North American tour