Posts with tag "the pacific"
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Budgets over $200 million are usually reserved for the likes of Jerry Bruckheimer and James Cameron. That kind of budget buys a lot of explosions, car chases, 3-D effects and big-time stars. Well, $217 million is what HBO spent to produce it's Emmy nominated World War II miniseries 'The Pacific.' They spent an additional $10 million on an aggressive marketing campaign, according to a story in...
- Posted Jul 17th 2010 at 08:00 AM by Jane Boursaw
Pop-Ed: How accurate do TV shows and movies have to be when it comes to telling real-life history? Is it OK to fudge the details to enhance the story? Or should the storyteller be a stickler for detail? While doing press for 'The Pacific' earlier this year, Tom Hanks told listeners of Dennis Miller's radio show that the HBO series wasn't really intended to be a "big picture" view of the war in t...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here's Why Back to the Future's Soundtrack Still Rocks 30 Years Later
- FROM EW: Disney Princes Get a Magic Mike Makeover
- Sienna Miller Gets in the Summer Spirit in a Sexy Snakeskin-print Bikini During Ibiza Vacation
- 19 Fourth of July flicks
- Matt Damon shows off ponytail
- Robin Thicke 'embarrassed' by attempts to get Paula Patton back
- Calvin Harris' First Photo of Taylor Swift on His Instagram Proves He's Smitten With Her—See the Pic!
- Scott Disick "Partying Hard" and "Off the Wagon" in South of France Without Kourtney Kardashian
- Steven Tyler Goes Country in "Love Is Your Name" Music Video—Watch!