Posts with tag "the social network"
- Posted Jan 30th 2011 at 08:37 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Last night's 'Saturday Night Live' was hardly what you'd call a Mark Zuckerberg Production, but it did feature a spirited cameo from the Facebook co-founder. As predicted, Zuckerberg wasn't about to let Jesse Eisenberg -- newly Oscar-nominated for playing the young lawsuit magnet in 'The Social Network' -- hog the 'SNL' spotlight. During the 27-year-old actor's stammering monologue about his...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 02:20 PM by Jett Wells
Oscar season is a marathon stricken by fickle opinions and wavering tastes, but this year has been relatively drama-free thanks to consensus-favorite 'The Social Network' dominating the award shows. This week, however, some critics jumped ship. After 'Network's' top competitor, 'The King's Speech,' stole a win at the Producers Guild Awards and racked up the most Oscar nominations with 12,...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 08:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Yes, they are all masterpieces of the reel. But that doesn't mean 2011's Golden Globe nominated flicks didn't come without their fair share of 'are you kidding me?' moments. Check out the spoofs that exploited these serious silver screen sensations for our entertainment gain. Without these videos that take the edge off, we might very well explode with the thought of a bank robbing, red-eyed...
- Posted Dec 9th 2010 at 04:34 PM by Jett Wells
Back in September, PopEater threw Justin Timberlake's name into the Oscar conversation hat for his role in the highly acclaimed 'The Social Network,' and now the pop star seems to have finally gotten the message. Reported last week by the New York Post, Timberlake is in full campaign mode to get a nomination at the 83rd annual Academy Awards, according to a Post source. "Sony is footing the...
- Posted Nov 12th 2010 at 11:33 PM by Zach Dionne
Steven and Stijn Kolacny were just a couple of Belgians doing a cool thing -- namely, arranging, recording and performing a mix of original songs and pop and rock covers with their 238-member girls' choir, Scala & Kolacny Brothers. Then David Fincher tapped Scala's take on Radiohead's 'Creep' for 'The Social Network' trailer and, a few million enthusiastic YouTube streams later, things...
- Posted Oct 26th 2010 at 09:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Justin Timberlake is tired of people thinking he's quitting music to focus on acting--so he sent a message to his fans through a song. While performing at the JT and Friends benefit concert he hosted in Las Vegas last weekend, Timberlake played an acoustic version of 'Over' by Drake. But he changed the words a little: "Don't be pissed off I'm an actor. It's not over. It's not over. It's not over....
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 08:00 PM by Zach Dionne
Straight from the department of Kinda Too Old to Cover But Definitely Too Good Not to Share, we present to you ... that choir who sang the haunting cover of Radiohead's 'Creep' over the 'Social Network' trailer, hooking us all into David Fincher's newest opus long before the buzz built around Aaron Sorkin or Mark Zuckerberg. Now we've learned the 200-member Belgian girls choir known as Scala...
- Posted Oct 12th 2010 at 07:23 PM by PopEater Staff
After award-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin was basking in the back-to-back box-office success of 'The Social Network,' nay-sayers swooped in to rain on his parade, calling the movie misogynistic. With critics on the web arguing the movie portrays women unfairly, Sorkin had enough and addressed a specific commenter named Tarazza on Ken Levine's blog. "With the exception of 1 or 2 of them...
- Posted Oct 7th 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Mark Zuckerberg has said he didn't want to see 'The Social Network,' the hit movie about the creation of Facebook, but it seems he's had a change of heart. Although David FIncher's movie is highly critical of Zuckerberg's beginnings, the Facebook CEO treated it like a celebration and took all of his staffers to go see it last Friday, and then drank apple martinis afterwards like Justin...
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: Justin Timberlake is quickly finding out that the Academy Awards is much more than a game of talent, but also about branding. With the much-hyped 'The Social Network' topping the box-office on its opening weekend with $23 million, it seems anything touching David Fincher's movie is Oscar gold in almost every category, but now its breakout star is already taking heat. Although many...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ferguson Streets Quieter As National Guard Leaves
- Pat O'Brien: Recovery Taught Me to Be Honest About My Past
- Best Party Ever? Katy Perry Celebrates Kacey Musgraves's 26th with a Roller Disco
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch complete the Ice Bucket Challenge naked
- Mariah Carey Sort-of-Breaks Silence Amid Nick Cannon Marriage Drama, Appears Focused on Their Children
- Meet The New Class of Hot Guys Taking Over Thursday Night in ABC's Steamy New Promo
- Yikes! Justin Bieber Put "Other People's Safety in Jeopardy" After Driving 4-Wheeler on Sidewalk, Police Say