Posts with tag "the tonight show with conan obrien"
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 06:30 AM by PopEater Staff
The late-night wars flourished Thursday night on NBC between Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien. During his monologue on 'The Jay Leno Show,' Jay made a few jokes at NBC and Conan's expense, E! Online reports. "In other TV news, Sarah Palin has signed with Fox News to be a correspondent. Fox says, if she does a good job, they'll sign her to a long-term contract. And if it doesn't work out, they'll j...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 03:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Conan O'Brien's last night as host of 'The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien' will likely be next Friday, January 22, a source close to O'Brien tells PEOPLE. "Conan does not currently plan on doing any more new shows after next week," says the source. To add to rumbles, NBC released its post-Winter Olympics schedule -- which did not include the 'Tonight Show.' Though his departure is looking increas...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 07:30 AM by PopEater Staff
Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC's 'Late Night,' has stayed relatively quiet about the storm brewing at the network over 'The Jay Leno Show' and 'The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien.' But now he is speaking out. Fallon, whose 12:35 time slot is in limbo, took the high road and praised both Leno and O'Brien without bashing the network. "Here's what I know, Jay Leno is going to go back to 11:30. Cona...
- Posted Oct 27th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
It's common knowledge that the comedy writing business is still a boys' club, but a woman's uphill climb in the writers' room is more steep than you might realize. A new article in Vanity Fair, written by former 'Letterman' staffer Nell Scovell, points out: "At this moment, there are more females serving on the United States Supreme Court than there are writing for 'Late Show with David Letterm...
- Posted Oct 7th 2009 at 10:15 AM by PopEater Staff
Conan O'Brien loves making jokes about New Jersey, but now the state is getting a little sick of 'The Tonight Show' host. After O'Brien quipped that Newark's health plan involved giving residents a bus ticket out of the city, mayor Corey Booker banned the comedian from Newark International Airport. "I'm officially putting you on the Newark, NJ airport no fly list. Try JFK, buddy," Booker sai...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Latest Batch of Hillary Clinton Emails: Staff Pet Peeves, Suck-Up Aides and Holiday Headaches
- Bill Cosby's Producer Speaks Out: 'I'm Hoping That People Will Still Be Able to Watch the Show'
- FROM EW: How J.J. Abrams Broke His Back Trying to Help Harrison Ford on the Set of Star Wars
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67
- Kim Kardashian Calls Herself a ''Soccer Mom,'' Shares Photos of North West Playing Her New Favorite Sport!
- Did Gisele Bündchen Step Out in Public Wearing a Burqa? We'll Let You Decide for Yourself
- Luke Perry Isn't Going to Watch Lifetime's Beverly Hills 90210 Tell-All: "It's Just Not Relevant"