Posts with tag "the tonight show"
- Posted May 5th 2010 at 03:51 PM by PopEater Staff
And the late-night war wages on: During the opening monologue of Tuesday's 'Tonight Show,' host Jay Leno took a subtle, blink-and-you'll-miss-it jab at former NBC rival Conan O'Brien. It came at the end of a joke about Faisal Shahzad, the man suspected of last weekend's attempted car bombing in Times Square, during which Leno highlighted Shahzad's fake Facebook profile page. The obvious jokes...
- Posted Apr 20th 2010 at 01:38 PM by PopEater Staff
Jay Leno has finally commented on Conan O'Brien's move to TBS. "I knew he'd land on his feet," the host of 'The Tonight Show,' told Access Hollywood. "It'll be fun. Everybody will compete," he added, since Conan and Jon Stewart air at 11 and he and David Letterman go on at 11:35. "I think he'll be great. He's a very funny guy," Jay said of his former NBC colleague. ...
- Posted Mar 16th 2010 at 12:30 PM by The Pop Chorus
Jay Leno has had a few weeks to settle back into his old 'Tonight Show' digs and the ratings show that he's already beaten David Letterman in overall viewership and the prized 18-34 demo. But we wondered whether any old fans decided not to go along for the ride. Were there any former Leno fans who were so turned off by January's late night drama that they suddenly found Jay hard to take? We...
- Posted Mar 9th 2010 at 03:43 PM by Sam Brand
Fans are bitter that Conan O'Brien got kicked off the air. Friends are bitter, too -- Jimmy Kimmel has made that all too clear. CoCo, himself, is bitter -- but getting over it, slowly, with the help of Twitter. But perhaps no one is more bitter than sidekick Andy Richter. On Tuesday morning, nearly two months after NBC announced the end of Conan's tenure on the 'Tonight Show,' Richter told...
- Posted Mar 2nd 2010 at 11:15 AM by PopEater Staff
Celebrating Jay Leno's return last night as host of 'The Tonight Show,' Jaime Foxx was ecstatic. This morning, Howard Stern was a little less pleased: The shock jock spoke to CBS live from his Sirius XM Radio studio for close to five minutes, venting his distaste for "The Chin." "Just the mere mention of Jay Leno's name makes me to want to vomit," Stern told 'The Early Show.' "I don't like this...
- Posted Jan 29th 2010 at 07:18 AM by Jo Piazza
Actions always speak louder than words. Which is why we asked the experts to take apart Jay Leno's Oprah sit-down with a fine tooth comb to find out what is really going on behind the chin. Yes, maybe we have seen too much Leno over the past month, but his interview with Oprah seemed different since something about Ms. O makes people tell their truth (much to their chagrin) and show off some...
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 03:25 PM by PopEater Staff
With Conan O'Brien's days at 'The Tonight Show' winding down, PopEater can exclusively reveal who will be the host's final guest on Jan. 22: Barry Manilow. "It's a perfect fit for Barry, who was once Bette Midler's piano player, to be the one to say goodbye to Conan," says our insider. "Bette was the late great Johnny Carson's final guest and now Barry will be Conan's ... if his final date...
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 10:20 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
Jay Leno should step aside and let Conan O'Brien helm the 'Tonight Show' for good, Rosie O'Donnell said last night. The outspoken comedienne says she's a huge fan of O'Brien, defending him to reporters while promoting an HBO documentary, reports The Huffington Post....
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 07:06 AM by PopEater Staff
Jimmy Kimmel took the stage on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' dressed up as his sometimes-rival Jay Leno, complete with grey hair and faux chin. "Hello, hello, my name is Jay Leno and let it here by be known that I'm taking over all the shows in late-night," he quipped, referring to the recent dustup at NBC. "It's great to be here on ABC," he adds. "You know what ABC stands for? Always Bump Conan." ...
- Posted Jan 12th 2010 at 03:30 PM by Marc Schneider
► 11:54 p.m. | Conan Rips NBC During Tuesday Monologue; Could It Be His Last Ever? Read Full Story ► 10:59 p.m. | Jay Leno Ignores O'Brien's Statement in Tuesday Night's Show NBC wanted his decision. Well, consider it done: Conan O'Brien says he will no longer host 'The Tonight Show' if the storied talk show is nudged to 12:05 a.m. In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, O'Brien...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Get the Look: Whitney Port's Pretty Dinner Table
- The Wahlberg Family's Boston Marathon Photo Diary
- Get an Exclusive Look Into Niki Taylor's Home and Closet in a Sweet Video Series
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day