Posts with tag "tim burton"
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 05:18 AM by PopEater Staff
Director Tim Burton was hospitalized in December to treat "ongoing" issues with painful kidney stones, reports the Daily Star. Actress and long term partner of the director Helena Bonham Carter revealed at the British Independent Film Awards in December that Burton was not present at the show due to his health problems. She told the audience, "My dear boyfriend, who sadly is not here... he i...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 12:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Mia Wasikowska, recently named one of Vanity Fair's up and coming stars in young Hollywood, plays Alice in Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland.' The 20-year-old actress talks to Teen Vogue about playing the role and working with Burton. "One of the things that was scary about taking on that role is the huge fan base; everybody has their own idea of who she is. So [Tim and I] discussed, very early...
- Posted Nov 3rd 2009 at 10:30 AM by Tricia Romano
At the end of the ten-minute opening scene of the re-imagining of 'V' (debuting tonight on ABC), two overly excited guys are being interviewed by TV. "Dude! This is Independence Day!" one of them says of the by-now familiar site of giant spaceships hovering in the sky. "Which was a rip off of any number of alien invasion predecessors," says his annoyed friend. It's a smart, self-aware way to def...
- Posted Aug 5th 2009 at 05:05 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
How many movie and television iterations of this classic Lewis Carroll tale have been made? There was the Disney classic (of course), there was that weird TV miniseries/movie with Carol Channing and John Stamos that used to scare the bejesus out of me, and there was the little-seen 1988 psychedelic nightmare 'Alice', directed by Jan Svankmajer. There's probably more out there, depending what c...
- Posted Jul 22nd 2009 at 03:09 PM by PopEater Staff
After much anticipation, the first trailer for Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' is finally here. By the looks of things, he's outdone himself. The movie stars Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Mia Wasikowska, and Helena Bonham Carter and is set to be released on March 5, 2010. Skip over this content Skip over t...
- Posted Jun 23rd 2009 at 09:20 AM by PopEater Staff
We can barely contain our excitement after viewing the new promotional shots for Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland.' The movie is set for a March 2010 release, and we can only imagine the crazy antics that will ensue. We trust Burton to change our entire perspective as he turns a Disney classic into a live action movie starring Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, and Matt Lucas. Skip over this c...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bobby Brown 'Not Happy' About His Family's Reality Show
- Los Angeles Police Say Homeless Man Grabbed Officer's Gun Before He Was Shot Dead
- Jennifer Lawrence to Play War Photographer in Upcoming Steven Spielberg-Directed Biopic
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios in Chicago to close in December
- This Majestic Photo of a Weasel Riding a Woodpecker Has Taken Over the Internet
- Nattie Lets WWE Superstar TJ Wilson Out of the Doghouse—See the Total Divas Deleted Scene!
- Christie Brinkley Defends Cindy Crawford's ''Perfect'' Body Amid Controversy Surrounding Alleged Unretouched Pic