Posts with tag "today show"
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 04:45 PM by John Mitchell
Michael Douglas' cancer is in complete remission, the Academy Award-winning actor tells Matt Lauer. "The odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat," Douglas says in his first television interview since undergoing several weeks of chemotherapy and radiation treatment last fall to treat stage 4 throat cancer. The sit-down will air in...
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 09:16 AM by Marc Schneider
Ted Williams almost didn't make it to the 'Today' show on Thursday. The most famous man in America over the last few days (sorry, Speaker Boehner) nearly couldn't get on a plane from Columbus, Ohio, because he no longer has a photo ID. But he made it. The "Homeless Man With the Golden Voice" returned to his native New York City to sit down with Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira to share his harrowing...
- Posted Nov 19th 2010 at 01:35 PM by Sarah Crow
The hosts of the 'Today' show seem to have a great time at work, from their outrageous on-air Halloween parties to Kathie Lee and Hoda's often-lampooned morning drinks. Although they're up at the crack of dawn to report on everything from the weather to internet memes, the group always brings a certain enthusiasm to their work that tells the world they're having a good time. The fun doesn't end...
- Posted Nov 12th 2010 at 10:55 AM by Zach Dionne
In today's least surprising news, Kanye West won't be returning to the 'Today' show, no matter what Matt Lauer says. Yesterday Lauer stood by an increasingly notorious interview that grievously upset West, saying there was nothing "improper" or "unusual" about the segment. Lauer closed on a conciliatory note, saying, "We look forward to Kanye's return for a special live concert on the plaza on...
- Posted Nov 10th 2010 at 07:14 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
- Filed under:
- TV News
Gene Shalit has panned or praised his last movie for the 'Today' show. The critic, known for his bushy hair and mustache, said Tuesday that he's leaving the show, where he's reviewed movies for 40 years. The last time his 'Critic's Corner' appeared on the morning show was in May, when he reviewed 'Shrek Forever After.' The 'Today' show said it would air a salute to the 84-year-old Shalit on...
- Posted Oct 29th 2010 at 09:27 AM by PopEater Staff
After last year's cohesive 'Star Wars'-themed Halloween show on 'Today,' the cast of the venerable morning show went hodge-podge this time around, with Meredith Vieira as Lady Gaga, Al Roker as 'Superman,' Ann Curry as Amelia Earhart and Natalie Morales as Justin Bieber. MIA is one Matt Lauer, who last year stole the show as a bumbling Luke Skywalker (he had some trouble getting out of the ol'...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 02:30 PM by Rob Shuter
We already gave you an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at NBC's 'Today,' now let's get good and intimate with the show's fourth hour star, Kathie Lee Gifford. Sitting in her dressing room, with pictures of her family and some killer heels sitting nearby, KLG opened up to PopEater about why she thinks she's outlasted so many of her peers, her sincere love for Hoda Kotb and her frustration with the...
- Posted Oct 19th 2010 at 12:31 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
You'd be hard pressed to find a more well-oiled machine on TV than NBC's 'Today' show. How do they keep things churning for (gasp!) four hours every day? Thankfully, the last 60 minutes are in good hands with my pals Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb at the helm. Now, for a rare treat, they've invited PopEater backstage and into their dressing room (a first for cameras!), where the peppy pair run...
- Posted Oct 8th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Rob Shuter
Hoda Kotb is one charismatic, smart and patient lady, but I don't need to tell you that. Just watch the fourth hour of the 'Today' show, which the decorated journalist co-hosts with Kathie Lee Gifford, on any given day. What you may not know is that before she was trading zingers and sippin' cocktails on-air with KLG, Hoda spent years covering wars and overcoming personal trials like breast...
- Posted Jul 26th 2010 at 06:00 PM by John Mitchell
- Filed under:
- TV News
For some, acting can be a pretty hard-knock life, but Andrea McArdle, the original star of 'Annie,' is on easy street now that she's found her way back to where it all began. The 46-year-old actress is currently starring as Miss Hannigan in a production of the Great Depression-set musical for the North Carolina Theatre Co., playing a nasty orphanage matron who gives her former character a tough...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: Trish Puts On a Show
- How Debra Messing Lost 20 Lbs. - Unintentionally
- Cameron Diaz Wants to 'Prank' Drew Barrymore's New Baby (VIDEO)
- Traci Bingham tried to dine and dash after credit card declined, report says
- Meg Ryan joins the cast of 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- ?Arrow' recap: Mama knows best
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs
- Prince William Recalls "Wonderful Memories" With Kate Middleton and Prince George in Australia
- Avril Lavigne Laughs Off Racist Backlash Over "Hello Kitty" Music Video: "I Love Japanese Culture"
- Grumpy Cat Takes Over American Idol, Arrow's Shocking Death and More OMG TV Moments