Posts with tag "tonight show"
- Posted Jul 3rd 2011 at 02:34 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
'Tonight Show' vs. 'Daily Show' may be the latest battle in the late-night wars, as a surprise ratings report has NBC and Comedy Central clashing over who's on top. Is Jon Stewart, as the numbers suggest, now more popular than Jay Leno? For the first time, Stewart's 'The Daily Show' has bested Leno's 'Tonight Show' in a key segment of viewers. However, NBC execs, ever stubborn when it comes to ...
- Posted Jun 14th 2011 at 10:54 AM by AOL TV Editors
On 'The Voice' Adam Levine's job is to sit in judgment on many young aspiring singers, trampling on some dreams, and making others come true. When he was younger, TV talent shows were thin on the ground, so how did the Maroon 5 frontman get his start in the business? Luckily for us, 'The Tonight Show' host Jay Leno unearthed footage of Levine's first public performance and we got to watch it al...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 08:25 AM by AOL TV Editors
Meredith Vieira had a tough time on 'The Tonight Show.' First, she had to deal with a video prank of sorts from Matt Lauer. In it, he apparently laid out her morning routine, which involved grunting from the bathroom that she was changing, just before a toilet flushed. The closing moment was absolutely brilliant when he lifted and sprayed an air freshener can while asking, "Changing? Really?" ...
- Posted Nov 4th 2010 at 03:14 PM by Sarah Crow
- Filed under:
- TV News
Meghan McCain's father may have partnered with Sarah Palin in his run for the presidency in 2008, but the senator's daughter is outraged that Bristol Palin neglected her civic duty by failing to vote in Tuesday's midterm election. McCain voiced her disappointment in Palin on 'The Tonight Show,' after Palin admitted that she had forgotten to vote. Watch McCain voice her opinion of Bristol and...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 07:01 AM by PopEater Staff
As Kevin Eubanks prepares to leave Jay Leno and 'The Tonight Show,' NBC has announced he'll be replaced by 'American Idol' music director Rickey Minor. Eubanks made his May 28 exit date official during Monday's episode. Minor is expected to debut at 'Tonight' on June 7. "We couldn't be more excited," said Debbie Vickers, 'Tonight' executive producer. She said the show "has a long tradition of a...
- Posted Mar 2nd 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jay Leno
After the brouhaha over Jay Leno's 'Tonight Show' takeover, don't expect the reinstated king of late night to rest on his laurels. Now that Leno's back in his old time slot, we hear he's gunning for a battle with Letterman -- and he has his eyes set on Dave's home of New York City. Leno-Letterman scoop, plus details on Marie Osmond and more after the jump!...
- Posted Jan 20th 2010 at 11:37 AM by Mike Hess
Just when you think David Letterman couldn't get any more fired up about his nemesis Jay Leno and the current 'Tonight'-gate debacle over at NBC, the 'Late Show' host comes out and unloads another massive anti-Jay manifesto for the world to see. On Tuesday, Dave responded to Jay's "Don't Blame Conan" statement with a heated and harsh statement of his own, calling Leno "phony" and saying that nobod...
- Posted Jan 12th 2010 at 11:33 PM by Mike Hess
Conan O'Brien didn't hold anything back in his first 'Tonight Show' since officially stating that he would not be willing to jump to 12:05 a.m. to make room for Jay Leno thanks to the massive chaos in NBC's nighttime lineup. "Welcome to NBC, where our new slogan is 'No longer just screwing up prime-time,'" O'Brien said in his opening monologue. More scathing quotes and clips after the jump! ...
- Posted Jan 7th 2010 at 04:50 PM by PopEater Staff
Jay Leno will be back in his 11:30 p.m. 'Tonight Show' time slot very soon after his rocky venture into 10 p.m. territory, TMZ is reporting. Well that was quick ... and would make a lot of sense given our exclusive report from Rob Shuter a few weeks ago claiming NBC was looking to bounce Conan for Jerry Seinfeld. The switch hasn't been verified or denied by NBC at this time. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lena Dunham's First Food Photo Gets Gwyneth Paltrow's Stamp of Approval
- Man Can't Sue Applebee's for Burning Face on His Fajitas While Praying, Panel Rules
- 'Cute Mug Shot Girl' Alysa Bathrick Arrested Again
- Indie rock band Ex Cops calls out McDonalds for not paying bands at SXSW showcase
- Susan Sarandon reportedly splits from boy toy
- 'Wheel of Fortune' contestant botches 'Snow White' character's name
- Jason Isaacs Thinks Dig Is a Combination of The Da Vinci Code, Indiana Jones and Homeland and We're Digging It
- Happy Birthday, Eva Mendes! See the Hot Mom's Best Post-Baby Looks to Date
- Patricia Arquette Explains Why She Never Straightened Her Teeth and Why She's Tired of Questions About Her Looks!