Posts with tag "train"
- Posted Dec 29th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Melinda Newman
During a recent AOL Sessions taping, Train lead singer Pat Monahan gave a little insight into the male psyche. The group's hit 'Marry Me' takes place completely within the mind of a fellow who contemplates what life would be like with a woman he's never even spoken to. "I don't know how women work, but men, the ones that I know, we tend to fall in love several times a day," he reveals. "[It's] ...
- Posted Dec 21st 2010 at 05:30 PM by Melinda Newman
After 2006's 'For Me, It's You,' Train had run off the rails. Despite more than a decade of hits including 'Drops of Jupiter,' 'Calling All Angels' and 'Meet Virginia,' the band's three core members, Pat Monahan, Jimmy Stafford and Scott Underwood, were feeling burnt out and more than a little tired of one another. They parted ways with their future as a band very uncertain. But after spending ...
- Posted Dec 20th 2010 at 05:34 PM by Adam Horne
'Hey, Soul Sister' hitmakers Train recently stopped by our Los Angeles studio for a very special holiday-themed AOL Sessions. The full performance launches Tuesday, but we have a behind-the-scenes exclusive for eager fans. Pat, Jimmy and Scott let our crew follow them throughout the day as they snapped photos, tuned up and rocked out in the studio. Check out the candid video below and be sure ...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 10:40 AM by Ashley Iasimone
Train took their summer-friendly tunes to the 'Today' show on Aug. 6, performing live for fans in New York. The pop-rockers opened their set in Rockefeller Plaza with the hit song 'Hey, Soul Sister.' The group recently returned to the charts with the album 'Save Me, San Francisco' after going on a brief hiatus. "I think that we started to believe in ourselves again as people who could maybe add ...
- Posted Jun 4th 2010 at 12:00 PM by Zach Dionne
"When people hear 'Hey, Soul Sister,' I think they're instantly happy," Train singer Pat Monahan told PopEater last year. It shows, on the 900 faces of the folks who came together at Canada's University of Victoria to create a stellar, joyous video. Directed by Dani Feixas and Santi Hausmann of the school's advertising and PR department, the rising viral star is a "lip dub" video, melding ...
- Posted Mar 31st 2010 at 11:30 AM by PopEater Staff
The most infectious earworm of the moment is actually a jam from last August. Train's summery song, 'Hey, Soul Sister,' has risen to No. 1 on the iTunes chart, just in time for warm weather and sunny days. The hit has also sold more than 2 million copies, designating it double-platinum, according to a new press release. "When people hear it, I think that what I hear mostly is that they're ...
- Posted Jan 29th 2010 at 06:00 PM by Steve Baltin
Grammy week is in full swing and on Thursday night, the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences presented 'Cue the Music,' a 90-minute concert celebrating the marriage of music and television. For the event, several past and present Grammy nominated artists, including Pat Monahan of Train, the Fray and the legendary Solomon Burke, brought songs associated with TV to life. Though there were ...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 02:00 PM by Marc Schneider
Like breaking up, writing a hit song is hard to do. Most artists go a lifetime without one, but not Train, who've delivered a steady stream of chart hits since 'Meet Virginia' met your ears ten years ago. Perhaps you've heard 'Calling All Angels' or a lil' ditty titled 'Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)'? Yes, of course you have. After a 3-year hiatus to concentrate on solo projects, the West Coast ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter After Arrest
- Avicii vs. Zedd: It's a Memorial Day Playlist Showdown!
- Prince William Is 'Very Excited' About Becoming a Father
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Bluth Binge! EW's giant recap of Netflix's 15 new ?Arrested Development' episodes
- Memorial Day weekend TV marathons: An A to Z guide
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)