Posts with tag "usher"
- Posted Dec 29th 2010 at 12:35 AM by AOL TV Editors
In one of the most hilarious accusation of plagiarism ever, an intrepid YouTuber has compiled evidence that a portion of the Usher song 'OMG' was actually inspired by a Christmas carol penned by none other than Homer Simpson. Yes, that Homer Simpson. The one from the TV show 'The Simpsons.' Homer's festive song aired during the 14th season in 2003 and goes like this: "Christmas in December / ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2010 at 02:09 PM by Emily Tan
Sure, Z100's Jingle Ball 2010 brought some of the year's biggest celebrities -- like Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian, to name a few -- to a packed Madison Square Garden last Friday night. But when fans watch the Fuse broadcast, they'll see it was the show's onstage collaborations and special guests that made it an evening to remember. First-time Jingle Ball performer and the ...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 02:46 PM by Jett Wells
Usher should have a dress code for the ladies he brings on stage: no heels! During the middle of a performance on Monday night at Madison Square Garden, the crooner lied down on a couch with an ecstatic female fan who, when trying to re-position herself, whipped her stilettos into Usher's nose. The singer was fine and made a joke about it afterwards, but it made for a funny incident on video. ...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2010 at 04:40 PM by Jonathan Dekel
As the mentor to young pop superstar Justin Bieber, Usher has a lot to be proud of. Last night at the American Music Awards, as the young Canadian sensation took home the coveted Artist of Year award, the whole experience became too much for Usher, resulting in some unexpected tears. "It was an out-of-body experience," Usher said backstage. "I don't cry that often, but I did." Along with ...
- Posted Aug 28th 2010 at 12:41 PM by Christine Fenno
After July's well-received joint appearance onstage in Jamaica, and an enthusiastic remark that producer Bryan-Michael Cox made in an interview with Jermaine Dupri ("Usher and the boy Chris Brown are going on tour, y'all know that, right?"), fans expected a major concert collaboration to be announced. On Tuesday's broadcast of BET's '106th and Park,' however, Chris Brown dismissed the rumor ...
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 09:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Even though his marriage to Tameka Foster didn't work out, Usher says he doesn't regret marrying her at all. The singer tells PEOPLE in a new interview that he doesn't consider the union a failure. "I appreciate the relationship for what it was. Even though it didn't work out, I'm glad we got together. I love her as the mother of my children; we just couldn't be married," he told the magazine. ...
- Posted Jun 11th 2010 at 05:37 PM by Jo Piazza
He's been burned before, but Usher Raymond is nothing but an optimist when it comes to love. We caught up with the devastatingly charming crooner at Thursday night's Fifi Awards (think the Academy Awards for fragrance) where he accepted the Male Celebrity Fragrance of the Year award, to chat love, lust and even more importantly, Father's Day. You're a single man now. Are you ready to start ...
- Posted Jun 10th 2010 at 10:00 AM by PopEater Staff
PopEater has the exclusive, behind-the-scenes video of Justin Bieber's 'Somebody to Love (Remix),' which features Bieber-BFF Usher. The full video premieres on Vevo.com and '20/20' on June 18, but since you can't wait until then, check out our preview below! (It will be available on iTunes on June 29.) The 'Baby' singer also kicks of his 'My World' tour in Hartford, CT, on June 23. Come on ...
- Posted Jun 8th 2010 at 08:49 AM by PopEater Staff
Every year, the hottest music artists around vie for supremacy in the battle for the song of the summer. It has to be fun, catchy and make you want to dance, and will generally be heard blasting out of car stereos everywhere. So far, Justin Bieber's 'Baby' and Usher's 'OMG' are among a few of the choices, but rather than let them live individually, D.J. Earworm -- who has made a name for ...
- Posted Jan 29th 2010 at 02:31 PM by Sam Brand
So says a massive gaggle of Lady Gaga wannabes on Facebook. At least 100,000 fans will be getting their poker face on tonight. In other news, Usher and Chilli are back in the sack (maybe). And Oscar de la Renta appeared on 'The View' to remind Americans to follow their dreams and keep Haiti in your hearts. This is What You're Searching for Today... ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taye Diggs & Idina Menzel Split
- Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Rumors of Trouble in Her Marriage
- Why Lady Antebellum Is Taking Out Two Tour Buses
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- ?The Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
- ?Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- ?Arrow' react: Ghosts of the past, a villain of the future
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth
- Mena Suvari's Awkward Christmas Card With Her Boyfriend and Cat Is Absolute Perfection—Take a Look!
- American Horror Story: Coven Shocker: Gabourey Sidibe Talks Queenie's Fate, and Which Co-Star Brings a Baby Hand to Set