Posts with tag "vma"
- Posted Sep 12th 2010 at 08:10 PM by PopEater Staff
There's no red carpet as unpredictable as the MTV VMA red carpet. And this year, the VMAs have a white carpet to shake things up for their return to Los Angeles. See photos of all of the hottest stars and their jaw-dropping fashions, from Lady Gaga to Justin Bieber. And check out the wildest red carpet fashions from the 2009 VMAs. ...
- Posted Sep 13th 2009 at 11:35 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
The wild and wacky antics of Kanye West and Lady Gaga -- coupled with some touching and soul-searching tributes to Michael Jackson -- were the highlights at the MTV Video Music Awards in NYC. The Goods: • Kanye West hijacked Taylor Swift's acceptance speech. [Story] • And later, Beyonce graciously gave Taylor her speech back. • Janet rocked some serious 'Scream' to open the...
- Posted Sep 13th 2009 at 11:00 PM by Melissa Daniels
In the first half ot the VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.'...
- Posted Sep 10th 2009 at 12:40 PM by Mike Hess
With the MTV Video Music Awards quickly approaching, much is being kept secretive about the show. While MTV doesn't want to give away any surprises (and really, isn't the show more fun that way?), they are giving the world a look at the stage set up for this year's show. Tune in on 9/13 at 9pm EST to see it all go down! ...
- Posted Sep 9th 2009 at 06:41 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
This year's MTV Music Video Awards (Sun. 9/13 @ 9pm EST) will open up with a tribute to Michael Jackson led by his sister, Janet, in what's sure to be a massive celebration of the late King of Pop's life. Michael himself had several memorable VMA moments, including scoring a trophy in 1984 for 'Thriller' and 10 years later famously kissing wife Lisa Marie Presley on stage. He also performed a...
- Posted Sep 2nd 2009 at 04:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon, a.k.a. Madonna's daughter, has recreated her mother's iconic wedding dress pose from the Eighties hit song 'Like A Virgin'. An image from Madge's new 'Celebration' video has surfaced courtesy of the Daily Mail. It shows Lourdes in a white wedding dress, veil, red lipstick and, wait for it, beauty mark above her lip. The pose mirrors Madonna's 1984 MTV Video Music...
- Posted Aug 12th 2009 at 05:17 PM by PopEater Staff
Today, it was announced that both Lady Gaga and Jay-Z will be bringing their larger-than-life stage shows to this year's MTV Video Music Awards, adding much hype to the notoriously spectacle-driven ceremony. The bold and beautiful Gaga didn't spare any enthusiasm for the event. "I'm simply gutted to be both a performer and nominee at the 2009 VMAs. In fact, I'm so happy, I could die," Gaga said,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: The Funniest Part of the Emmys Didn't Happen Onstage
- WATCH: Puppy Blows Bubbles in the Pool on Demand, Enjoys Dog Days of Summer
- From Golden Gowns to Goofing Off: Check Out Taryn Manning's Emmys Photo Diary
- Justin Bieber goes country, covers Johnny Cash
- 'Full House' cast and producers mulling a revival, report says
- Matt Damon uses toilet water in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Chris Harrison blogs ?Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5
- Billy Eichner talks the making of his Emmys segment
- ?Mad Men' star Vincent Kartheiser to play Billy Wilder on stage
- Chelsea Handler Gives a Heartfelt Goodbye During the Chelsea Lately Series Finale—See the Emotional Clip!
- Jennifer Aniston, Gwen Stefani, Selena Gomez and Many More Celebs Sing Goodbye to Chelsea Lately—Watch the Clip!
- Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Mary McCormack Host Intervention for Chelsea Handler—See the Chelsea Lately Clip!