Posts with tag "vmas"
- Posted Oct 7th 2009 at 11:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce Knowles is finally speaking out about her loss to Taylor Swift at the VMAs, which prompted Kanye West to storm the stage and steal the young singer's moment after winning Best Female Video. "Well, I knew his intentions, and I knew he was standing up for art; and he told me before, when they said the nominees, he's like, 'You have this award,'" Knowles told O: The Oprah Magazine editor-a...
- Posted Oct 2nd 2009 at 06:51 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Kanye West won't get to show us his 'Poker Face.' West's North American tour with Lady Gaga has been canceled, the concert promoter Live Nation confirmed, EOnline.com reports. Although reps for West and Gaga have not commented, sources believe the 'Paparazzi' singer wanted out after West's actions at the VMAs, even though she showed support for her now ex-tourmate just a few days ago. ...
- Posted Sep 25th 2009 at 10:38 AM by PopEater Staff
Before Lady Gaga was known for her outrageous fashion statements and "bleeding" onstage at the VMAs, she was just a typical brunette jamming on the piano. We came across this vintage footage (via Perez Hilton) of the 'Poker Face' singer playing a gig at The Bitter End -- and we have to admit it's pretty fascinating. Vintage Lady Gaga Lady Gaga: 2009 VMAs ...
- Posted Sep 20th 2009 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Everyone knows the story about big, bad Kanye West. But we'll recap it anyway. The 'Stronger' rapper stormed the stage to interrupt Taylor Swift's win for best female video because he was upset her 'You Belong With Me' beat Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' -- which he called "one of the best videos of all time." In the days following the incident, nearly 2.3 million PopEater readers voted in various po...
- Posted Sep 18th 2009 at 04:56 PM by PopEater Staff
In a week that Kanye West would surely like to forget, there's a minor swirl going around the Web that might actually help his wounded (but still massive) ego. The rumor mill somehow made its way all the way up to a USA Today blog, with some questioning if Kanye's VMA outburst staged beforehand. Could the moment have possibly been staged, and in the slim chances it were, should someone have come o...
- Posted Sep 18th 2009 at 04:41 PM by PopEater Staff
Five days after the madness went down at the VMAs, people are still talking about Kanyegate ... except for Taylor Swift. The country-pop star was making the rounds today doing radio interviews when she encountered a persistent inquisitor on the MJ Morning Show out of Tampa Bay. After three attempts to shut that line of questioning down, Swift grew testy and walked away from the phone. Hear the com...
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 11:59 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Hottest Stories
Kelly Clarkson doesn't regret one bit tearing Kanye West a new one on her blog this week. In fact she thinks she gave him exactly what he deserved for ruining Taylor Swift's VMA moment. "I don't feel bad for what I said," Clarkson revealed exclusively to PopEater on the red carpet for VH1 'Divas.' "In the music industry we only have ourselves to blame if we allow people to act a certain way."...
- Posted Sep 16th 2009 at 11:05 AM by Amber James
The Internet has been exploding with viral reactions, videos and spoofs of Kanye West's infamous interruption during Taylor Swift's VMAs acceptance speech. Now that the world knows he thinks Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' video was better than Swift's 'You Belong With Me,' everyone is poking fun at the blunder. Here are our top picks for humorous West interruption remixes: 1. Before we ever heard P...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 09:06 PM by Jo Piazza
Watching Kanye West on Jay Leno last night felt a little bit creepy, like when you accidentally turn on a dirty movie with your parents in the room. Kanye's four-minute interview was uncomfortable for so many squirm-worthy reasons that we here at PopEater wanted to take a minute to dissect exactly what made us feel like Kanye and Jay got one over on us. After the jump, experts break down the Kany...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 03:47 PM by Tricia Romano
After all his outbursts in the last few years, we should probably rename the Video Music Awards the Kanye West Show. While Kanye's latest eruption during Taylor Swift's acceptance speech won him no fans -- even though some thought his sentiment (that Beyonce should have won) was right -- Kanye's name is on everyone's (rhymes with hit) list. So, PopEater came up with five things Kanye can do to rev...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lawrence of Arabia Star Omar Sharif Is Suffering from Alzheimer's, Says Son
- What Happened When Ray Liotta and Christopher Walken Sat Next to Each Other on a Flight?
- Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again - Thanks to This Beauty Product
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Blake Lively Just Called Ryan Reynolds a "Hypocrite" and He May Have Totally Deserved It After This Daring Stunt
- Kim Richards Attends Daughter Brooke's "Dream" Wedding in Mexico With Kyle Richards and Paris Hilton
- Kylie Jenner Kicks Off Memorial Day Weekend With Sexy Bikini Tops and Soaking Wet Jeans—Take a Look!