Posts with tag "vuvuzela"
- Posted Jul 3rd 2010 at 10:00 AM by The Pop Chorus
The World Cup just might be the TV event of the summer. Legions of subversive American soccer fans and new recruits to "the beautiful game" have been held in rapture with the South African event for the past three weeks. Sadly, futbol-obsessed loved ones and roommates have been cutting into our readers' TV time. Here, three speak from our Pop Chorus -- they're missing 'House'! They'd die for eve...
- Posted Jun 18th 2010 at 10:45 AM by Zach Dionne
Look, PopEater's got a fever, and the only prescription ... is more vuvuzela! You know, that plastic horn omnipresent in South Africa for the World Cup, bzzz-bzzzing from your TV speakers every second of every game? Here's an all-new, soccer-doctor prescribed update on the latest in vuvuzela-meets-pop culture ('Vuvuzela Hero'! 'Now! That's What I Call Vuvuzela'!), including PopEater's vuvuzela...
- Posted Jun 15th 2010 at 01:11 PM by Zach Dionne
If you've caught any World Cup action since soccer's big dance kicked off Friday, you've heard the noise ... that interminable low drone emanating from the stadiums and speakers. BZZZ. BZZZZ!! It's the vuvuzela, South Africa's (and the Internet's) favorite stadium instrument, and some soccer fans' least favorite thing ever. The sound of the plastic horns has been likened to tireless bees buzz...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bobbi Kristina Brown & Nick Gordon: See Their Love Through the Years
- Saturday Night Live: D'Angelo Honors Eric Garner in 'The Charade' Performance (VIDEO)
- Taylor Swift Wishes Justin Timberlake a Happy Birthday in a Throwback Photo
- Report: Bruce Jenner is transitioning into a woman
- Report: Bobbi Kristina Brown on ventilator after suspected drug overdose
- Justin Timberlake confirms wife Jessica Biehl's pregnancy with cute pic
- Mychal Kendricks Professes His Love for Rihanna, Wants to "Put a Smile on Her Face" By Go-Cart Racing
- Scarlett Johansson Gushes Over "Shockingly Handsome" Chris Hemsworth
- Victor Cruz Reveals When He's Getting Married, Promises Giant Wedding Won't Be a "Snoozefest"