Posts with tag "wax"
- Posted Aug 26th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Steven Avalos
- Filed under:
- Music News
Lady Gaga is the next celebrity set to be immortalized in wax by Madame Tussauds, with separate eccentric figures debuting simultaneously in the museum's New York flagship as well as many of its other locations worldwide. The extraordinary feat comes as no surprise given the pop star's already larger-than-life persona, and the museum is reported to be spending about $1.5 million on the project --...
- Posted Mar 4th 2010 at 11:30 AM by Zach Dionne
Robert Pattinson is moving to Times Square -- sort of. His waxen doppelganger will be unveiled at Madame Tussauds in New York City on March 25. The 'Twilight' heartthrob will join the company of all-time leading men Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Harrison Ford, John Travolta and Hugh Grant in the Opening Night Party themed room. "This is our spot for the A-list celebrities," Rosemary del Prado...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 11:30 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
For some celebrities, being immortalized (at least temporarily) in wax means big things - it's kind of a litmus test for fame. Once you're "known" enough, Madame Tussauds decides to create a figure in your likeness - and to hell with the whole issue of actually looking the same! While some wax figures are nearly identical to the celebrity, others fall way short of the ideal. Here to horrify you...
Popeater Hot Topics
- George Clooney Flies 100 Cases of Tequila to Italy for His Wedding
- Jenny McCarthy Loses Her Wedding Ring in Bed: 'It's Hard to Get Romantic With Diamonds'
- Miss America Didn't Even Realize Domestic Violence 'Was Happening to Me'
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'