Posts with tag "we are the world 25 for haiti"
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 03:50 PM by Mike Ryan
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- WTF -
- Videos -
- YouTube -
- Michael Jackson -
- Celine Dion -
- Fergie -
- Janet Jackson -
- Justin Bieber
On Friday night, during the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, a new version of 'We Are the World' was unleashed upon, well, the world, in an effort to raise money for Hatian earthquake relief. The original song, released in 1985, raised money and awareness for humanitarian aid in Africa. That original song went on to become a powerhouse of cultural significance. The new version? The cause...
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 06:44 AM by PopEater Staff
A remake of Michael Jackson's 'We Are the World' to benefit Haiti has Jay-Z a little upset. "I have a interesting take on that," he tells MTV News. "I know everybody is gonna take this wrong: 'We Are the World,' I love it, and I understand the point and think it's great. But I think 'We Are the World' is like [Michael Jackson's] 'Thriller' to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched." "I'm a...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Sam Brand
Canadians Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLachlan and Bryan Adams will all reportedly step onto the stage at tonight's Vancouver Winter Olympics opening ceremonies. But if you're like us, then you're not going to watch (or DVR) the celebratory puck-drop merely to catch a handful of crooning Canucks (OK, maybe if Neil Young were performing). And it's not about Lindsey Vonn sashaying down an indoor track in...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lady Antebellum Gets in the Halloween Spirit to Celebrate Their Latest No. 1
- Nicole Polizzi's 3 Tips for Being the Best Halloween Vintage Snooki
- With Stripper Scenes Wrapped, the Magic Mike XXL Cast Feasts on Food in Savannah
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- 'Duck Dynasty's' Jep Robertson speaks out on mysterious illness
- PopWatch Confessional: What's the scariest thing you saw as a kid (that wasn't supposed to scare you)?
- From pegacorns to Cheetos: The best celebrity Halloween costumes
- We're not worthy of the best Halloween costumes from ?Today,' ?GMA'