Posts with tag "we are the world"
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 03:50 PM by Mike Ryan
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- WTF -
- Videos -
- YouTube -
- Michael Jackson -
- Celine Dion -
- Fergie -
- Janet Jackson -
- Justin Bieber
On Friday night, during the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, a new version of 'We Are the World' was unleashed upon, well, the world, in an effort to raise money for Hatian earthquake relief. The original song, released in 1985, raised money and awareness for humanitarian aid in Africa. That original song went on to become a powerhouse of cultural significance. The new version? The cause...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Sam Brand
Canadians Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLachlan and Bryan Adams will all reportedly step onto the stage at tonight's Vancouver Winter Olympics opening ceremonies. But if you're like us, then you're not going to watch (or DVR) the celebratory puck-drop merely to catch a handful of crooning Canucks (OK, maybe if Neil Young were performing). And it's not about Lindsey Vonn sashaying down an indoor track in ...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 12:42 AM by Sam Brand
We are still the world if Quincy Jones and an all-star squad of contemporary music stars have anything to sing about it. On Monday, Jones, Lionel Richie and Wyclef assembled what appears to be the entire VIP section from Sunday night's Grammys to re-record the monster selling single ($63 Million in sales!). Can "We Are The World – 25 For Haiti" bring home that kind of bacon in the Internet A...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson's New Album Piece By Piece Will Be Released in March
- Keira Knightley on Her Unique Name: 'My Mum's Crap at Spelling'
- Deborah Voigt Confronts the Little Black Dress She Couldn't Fit into
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell Is the Definition of Class After Miss Universe Loss: "It Went Exactly How It Should"
- Greece Elects a New Prime Minister and Syriza Leader Alexis Tsipras Thanks...Hugh Laurie, of Course!
- Juan Pablo Galavis Tries to Cheer Andi Dorfman Up By Telling Her the Two Words She Never Wanted to Hear Again