Posts with tag "westboro baptist church"
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 08:55 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Elizabeth Taylor
When Westboro Baptist Church spokeswoman Margie Phelps slithered onto Twitter on Wednesday to announce plans to protest Elizabeth Taylor's funeral, many were horrified, but not Dame Liz's vigilant friends. They say, "Bring it on!" "Elizabeth spent her whole life fighting for what's right, and it looks like it will be no different now that she's gone," a close friend of the actress tells me. ...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 06:25 PM by PopEater Staff
Those charming souls at Westboro Baptist Church have chosen Elizabeth Taylor's funeral to be the site of their next publicity stunt, a daughter of WBC Pastor Fred Phelps has announced. In post after post on Twitter, Margie Phelps chortled condemnations to members of the media who were sending out tweets regarding Taylor's death and she promised that the congregation -- mostly folks with the las...
- Posted Oct 8th 2010 at 10:50 AM by PopEater Staff
Ozzy Osbourne is bearing down on the infamous Westboro Baptist Church for using his song 'Crazy Train' during protests of gays in the military, E! Online reports. After the small church used his 1980 hit at a demonstration on Thursday at the U.S. Supreme Court, the Prince of Darkness couldn't hold his tongue any longer. "I'm sickened and disgusted by the use of 'Crazy Train' to promote messa...
- Posted Jun 1st 2010 at 01:45 PM by Steven Avalos
It's no secret that the Westboro Baptist Church hates plenty of things -- it's kind of their shtick -- and chief among them is Lady Gaga. The Kansas-based congregation, led by the Rev. Fred Phelps, made headlines a few months back with a campaign aimed squarely at the pop star, claiming she was hated by God and describing her as a "hussy" and a heathen for "seducing a generation." Something tells ...
- Posted Dec 23rd 2009 at 04:50 PM by Marc Schneider
Fans have a new reason to love Lady Gaga now that the notorious Westboro Baptist Church officially hates the singer. The Kansas-based congregation, helmed by Rev. Fred Phelps and consisting largely of his offspring, announced plans Wednesday to picket Gaga's Jan. 7 show in St. Louis, calling the 'Bad Romance' star a "hussy" and a heathen for "seducing a generation." A press release for the '...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Whitney Houston's Cousin Dionne Warwick on Bobbi Kristina Brown: 'Our Family Has Had Its Share of Sorrows'
- Monaco's Bride Beatrice Borromeo Pulls Three Dress Changes During Royal Wedding to Pierre Casiraghi
- FROM EW: Ed Sheeran to Star in New Show by Sons of Anarchy Creator
- Puddle of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin accused of DWI, fleeing police in Minnesota
- Box Office Top 20: 'Ant-Man' beats 'Pixels' by a tentacle; 'Southpaw' outclasses 'Paper Towns'
- Hulk Hogan thanks fans for their support after being released from WWE contract
- Carissa Loethen's Bridal Blog: Save the Date! How We Found Our Perfect Wedding Announcements, 65 Decisions Later
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Reunite Amid Divorce for a Family Day in Atlanta
- Finish Strong! Get Pumped for Week 5 of Our Month-Long July Fitness Challenge