Posts with tag "whitney houston"
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 10:16 AM by PopEater Staff
Her fans may always love her, but catty reviewers across Britain aren't exactly singing Whitney Houston's praises following a bumpy return to the stage Tuesday night in rough-and-tumble Birmingham. Invariably, every negative review included some variation of "Houston, we have a problem," but when they began describing the singer's vocals and overall stamina, even the normally prim BBC got in on...
- Posted Apr 12th 2010 at 12:15 PM by Steven Avalos
Last week we brought you Lin Yu Chun's remarkable (and surprising) performance of Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You.' Now the viral sensation is back to show you he's no one-trick pony (via Buzzfeed). Just when you thought the best was over, it turns out he's just as limber on the dance floor as he is around those high notes. Hit it, Lin. (Dancing Lasts First 35 Seconds): ...
- Posted Apr 6th 2010 at 05:40 PM by Steven Avalos
Not since Susan Boyle opened her mouth and surprised a global audience with her dulcet tones has there been such a talent as Lin Yu Chun, a contestant on a Taiwanese talent show called 'Super Star Avenue,' which is much like 'American Idol'. Chun destroys all preconceived notions with a powerhouse delivery of Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' that's sure to give you chills. And with...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2010 at 02:11 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Music News
Australian fans are in an uproar after watching Whitney Houston flub her way through a concert in Brisbane on Monday night. The 46-year-old diva reportedly took a break after just two songs, brought her brother onstage to hit her high notes and slurped from a water bottle through a closing performance of 'I Will Always Love You.' "She couldn't entertain a dead rat," one concertgoer told the...
- Posted Dec 21st 2009 at 10:30 AM by Shelley White
With the music industry in a tailspin, it's no surprise that some pretty wacky stuff happened in the last 10 years. Some of the incidents were calculated to elicit gasps, others were gaffes that were repeatedly forwarded to the delight of cubicle monkeys around the world. Some were horrifying, some hilarious, some tragic -- and most had little to do with music. Here were the most flabbergasting...
- Posted Nov 23rd 2009 at 12:02 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "Jennifer Lopez Falls at AMAs," "Adam Lambert AMA Performance," "Lady Gaga at the AMAs" and "AMA Winners" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour, and though the results change frequently, at any moment the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Today it's all...
- Posted Nov 20th 2009 at 05:40 PM by PopEater Staff
As Oprah Winfrey rides into the final countdown of her hit talk show, businesses and entrepreneurs alike will probably pull out all the stops to get Winfrey to utter their brand name on air... even if it's just once. It's no secret that anything Oprah chats about on her show goes from rags to riches in a matter of minutes. We admire her "popular girl" power to influence her audience to buy the...
- Posted Nov 8th 2009 at 09:05 AM by Amber James
There comes a time when most celebrities should have a Twitter account, and the time is now. Honestly, if Rabbi Shmuley Boteach has an active account before you, it's time to get with the times. Yes, celebs are busy, but we have a wish list here at PopEater of stars we keep hoping will join the social media blog. See who made the list >> ...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 12:00 PM by Scott Harris
When Rihanna sits down tonight with Diane Sawyer on '20/20', it's sure to be one of the biggest interviews of the year. But will it go down as one of the biggest interviews of all time? Over the years, the celebrity interview has become one of the staples of the entertainment industry. Make a huge mistake? Go on the 'Tonight Show' and humbly plead forgiveness. In need of a reputation makeover?...
- Posted Oct 19th 2009 at 07:35 AM by PopEater Staff
During Saturday night's 'X Factor' performance, Whitney Houston was left red-faced after a strap at the back of her long silver dress snapped open midway through her performance of 'Million Dollar Bill.' She shrugged off the wardrobe malfunction though, joking to host Dermot O'Leary afterwards, "I sang myself out of my clothes." Watch her performance: ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: Find the Coffee That's Perfect for You
- RHOA: Was Porsha Stewart Acting as Her Husband Kordell's 'Beard'?
- True Detective: Flawed Finale to a Classic Series
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- ?Resurrection' series premiere react: In it for the long haul?
- ?True Detective' season finale: What happened? ? SPOILERS
- Once Upon a Time's Wicked-Awesome Debut, The Good Wife's Hot Hookup and More OMG TV Moments!
- Resurrection Debuts on ABC: Weigh in on the Series Premiere Now
- Dorothy Wang, Morgan Stewart and the Other #RichKids of Beverly Hills Get a Rude Awakening in NYC—See the Full Recap!