Posts with tag "whitney houston"
- Posted Jun 2nd 2011 at 05:36 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
On the heels of sub par and canceled live performances, Whitney Houston now has a much more serious low to battle on her hands. According to a National Enquirer report, doctors informed the singer that she is suffering from early stages of emphysema, which would be an obvious culprit to Houston's poorly received vocal performances as of late. "She's developed emphysema -- and her doctors are wa...
- Posted May 10th 2011 at 08:30 PM by Boombox Editors
On Monday, a rep for Whitney Houston confirmed that the legendary R&B and pop songstress was admitted to an outpatient rehab program to combat her drug abuse. As details of Whitney's current relapse continue to emerge, Prince has been named as one of the celebrity pals who could no longer tolerate her antics. TMZ reports that Prince's irritation pushed the 'Purple Rain' star to ban Whitney ...
- Posted May 9th 2011 at 01:53 PM by PopEater Staff
Whitney Houston has entered rehab, according to TMZ. The site's source says she checked herself into a facility about 10 days ago. "Whitney Houston is currently in an out-patient rehab program for drug and alcohol treatment," Houston's rep tells PEOPLE. "Whitney voluntarily entered the program to support her long-standing recovery process." Houston, 47, has publicly battled drugs and alcohol...
- Posted Mar 16th 2011 at 01:22 PM by AOL Music Editors
Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown may be in trouble again. It's no secret that Houston has had her own battles with drug addiction after much personal-turned-public turmoil and a stint in rehab in the early 2000s. But following photos that recently surfaced of Bobbi Kristina snorting cocaine, Houston is stepping up and stepping in. According to the National Enquirer...
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 01:31 PM by AOL Music Editors
Without exactly being asked, Rihanna has clarified that she isn't interested in filling Whitney Houston's shoes in an upcoming remake of the 'The Bodyguard.' Rihanna tells OK! magazine she won't take on the role of singer Rachel Marron, played by Houston in the 1992 hit film, because it wouldn't be challenging enough for her. Rihanna says that she would like to escape into a role rather than pl...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2011 at 05:14 PM by Zach Dionne
Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown has fired back at a National Enquirer cover story alleging Brown snorted cocaine at a party at the age of 17. Bobbi Kristina (picture here with Houston), is Houston's only daughter with Bobby Brown. She turns 18 on Friday. The Enquirer photo spread shows Bobbi Kristina snorting a white substance The singer's daughter wrote on Twitter that "a fo...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 10:15 PM by John Mitchell
During her acceptance speech for Best Pop Vocal Album, an emotional Lady Gaga thanked Whitney Houston, saying she imagined the legend singing her latest smash, 'Born This Way,' which gave her the confidence to write the track. "I wanted to thank Whitney because when I wrote 'Born this Way,' I imagined she was singing it -- because I wasn't secure enough in myself to imagine I was a superstar," ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Steve Baltin
With music industry titans like Clive Davis hosting and David Geffen receiving the Industry Icon Award, Davis' annual pre-Grammy gala surely had a lot of star presence from across the generations in music and when Popeater first walked into ballroom at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and saw two legends--Neil Young chatting with Quincy Jones--we were so not disappointed. And the rest of the room wasn'...
- Posted May 10th 2010 at 06:10 AM by PopEater Staff
Singer Bobby Brown proposed to his girlfriend of nearly three years, manager Alicia Etheridge, on Friday while on stage at his show at Metro Park in Jacksonville, Florida. Etheridge joined Brown on stage, holding their 11-month-old son, Cassius, when he got down on one knee and presented her with a ring, PEOPLE reports. The crowd cheered on the couple as she kissed him and accepted the proposal...
- Posted Apr 26th 2010 at 05:55 PM by Marc Schneider
It's been a rough two weeks for Whitney Houston, as she and her depleted voice battle through a British tour that has been dominated by poor performances, unmerciful reviews and bummed-out fans. The multi-Grammy winner even acknowledged her shortcomings to concert-goers Sunday night in London after an off-key rendition of her biggest song, 'I Will Always Love You.' "She don't want to come, my s...
Popeater Hot Topics
- What's Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town's Cute Holiday Tradition?
- Is This Prince George's Favorite Book?
- Nicki Minaj Enlivens Watch What Happens with a Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Kellie Pickler: I'm not ready to have kids
- How 'Star Wars' nearly ruined Natalie Portman's career
- Does Hollywood try to have it both ways regarding torture?
- ?The Sing-Off' recap: One night, six groups, 800 blazers
- Truth, answers, and other things ?Serial' never promised you
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Puppy Love vs. Ellen's Oscar Selfie: Vote for the Best Viral Moment of the Year!
- Best of 2014: 32 Things You'll Want to Remember From the Year of Kimye, J.Law and Celebrity Booty
- Nicki Minaj Reveals Whether She'd Ever Sleep With Drake and Talks About the Biggest Dicks in Music