Posts with tag "whoopi goldberg"
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 07:55 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Whoopi Goldberg probably isn't too thrilled about the latest viral video flying around the web. The clip, which is dated August 9, 1992, features the Academy Award-winning actress admitting she was stoned when she accepted her Oscar in 1991 for her role in 'Ghost,' TMZ.com reports. "Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits. And I thought, 'I've got to relax.' So I smoked this...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 03:36 PM by Marc Schneider
Whoopi Goldberg used her bully pulpit on 'The View' on Monday to blast The New York Times and two of its marquee writers for what she believed was a disrespectful article about race and the Academy Awards. "I'm embarrassed to tell you it hurt me terribly," the actress said in a segment focusing on a piece written by Manohla Dargis and A. O. Scott that listed several black Oscar winners dating back...
- Posted Oct 17th 2010 at 11:33 AM by Rob Shuter
Just days after the now infamous battle on 'The View' between Bill O'Reilly and Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg, ex-'View' co-host Rosie O'Donnell is speaking out. On her Sirius satellite radio program, Rosie asked in a very matter-of-fact manner, "What does he do besides that? That's what Bill O'Reilly does. Why would you book him?" O'Donnell, whose guest panel seemed more fired up about...
- Posted Oct 14th 2010 at 12:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Fireworks erupted on the set of 'The View' today when hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar left the set during an interview with Bill O'Reilly while discussing the proposed "Ground Zero mosque." "The mosque down here on 9/11. That's inappropriate," O'Reilly said of the planned Islamic community center being built near the site of the former World Trade Center. "Sure, they have a right to do...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 09:38 PM by PopEater Staff
If we've learned anything this week, it's that if you falsely accuse Whoopi Goldberg of grabbing or hitting you on national television, then you should brace yourself for a barrage of "choice" words from the acerbic 'View' host. The dust-up between Goldberg and Michaele Salahi got its start Wednesday morning during a 'View' segment on 'The Real Housewives of D.C.,' the new Bravo series in which...
- Posted Jul 14th 2010 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Whoopi Goldberg has come under fire for remarks she made in defense of Mel Gibson after several of his obscene, racially-charged rants leaked online. "There has been a lot of hassle ... in the media recently about moi because I had the audacity to say that I had some personal time with Mel that goes over years and years and said that I did not think of him as a racist," Whoopi began on 'The...
- Posted Jul 13th 2010 at 01:35 PM by Rob Shuter
Although Whoopi Goldberg defended Mel Gibson on 'The View,' co-host Joy Behar told 'The Insider' that the actor isn't welcome on their program. "Barbara [Walters] would not allow him on the show," she says. "Barbara's Jewish, he's an anti-Semite, he's a racist ... so he's done," Behar said, adding that the show would never grant him an opportunity to defend himself....
- Posted Jul 13th 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
Mel Gibson's tape-recorded rants at baby mama Oksana Grigorieva are horrifying, but they're not racist, according to Whoopi Goldberg, a friend of the actor. "I know Mel, and I know he's not a racist," Whoopi said on 'The View' on Monday, seeming both earnest and cautious to weigh in. "I have had a long friendship with Mel. You can say he's being a bonehead, but I can't sit and say that he's a...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 05:44 PM by PopEater Staff
'The View' got heated when Whoopi Goldberg defended Nevada Senator Harry Reid's racial remarks about President Barack Obama. Reid was accused of saying Obama would be a good presidential candidate even though he's African American -- using a word considered outdated to describe the president. "Negro is not a bad word. There are a lot of worse things he could have said," Goldberg says. The argument...
- Posted Dec 11th 2009 at 09:18 AM by PopEater Staff
Joy Behar made her paycheck Thursday during a Tiger Woods-related discussion on 'The View,' where she used her gift of comedic wordplay to call one of the golfer's alleged mistresses a "hooker." After Whoopi Goldberg referenced Rachel Uchitel in the growing Tiger scandal, the ladies began cross-talking before a ding! went off in Behar's mind: "Uchitel she's a hooker." Watch after the jump....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilary Duff: My Split from Mike Comrie Has Been 'Very Difficult'
- This Ice Cream Changes Color When You Lick It
- Chris Pratt Improvised a Parks and Rec Scene by Going Naked - and Scaring Amy Poehler
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Justin Bieber Was "Very Persistent" in Contacting Miranda Kerr After 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Selena Gomez's Butt Cheeks Are Peeking Out of Her Short-Shorts: Is She Telling Someone to Kiss Her You-Know-What?
- Nick Jonas and Matt Lauria Strip Down to Fight Dirty in New Kingdom Trailer