Posts with tag "will.i.am"
- Posted Sep 13th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Steven Avalos
Between Kanye's uncensored A-bombs and Taylor Swift's awkward moment reflecting on her lost innocence at last year's show, everyone is taking about the VMAs. But there's one performance you may have missed: will.i.am's adventures in "blackface." Yes, will.i.am joined ubiquitous up-and-coming rap star Nicki Minaj for a pre-show performance of their new single, 'Check It Out,' and the Internet ...
- Posted Sep 13th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Jonathan Dekel
- Filed under:
- Music News
It may have been pouring rain outside, but under the rooftop tent at Global TV's annual 'Entertainment Tonight Canada' TIFF party, will.i.am was lighting a fire under the feet of the film festival elite with an unorthodox mix of MCing and DJing that felt more like a private karaoke session than a celebrity spin set. While fellow musicians K'naan, Kardinal Offishall and Fefe Dobson -- who told ...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 11:02 AM by Simona Rabinovitch
EXCLUSIVE: Will.i.am of Grammy-winning pop group Black Eyed Peas was in New York last week to launch a global health fundraising campaign aimed at travelers called MASSIVEGOOD. PopEater was one of the few outlets to snag some coveted time with the hip-hop savant, as he explained why charity is so near and dear to his heart, and how your vacation can help out the needy. Check It Out: ...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2010 at 05:00 PM by Simona Rabinovitch
Will.i.am of Grammy-winning pop group Black Eyed Peas was in New York last night to launch a global health fundraising campaign aimed at travellers called MASSIVEGOOD. "I think as humans, we're programmed to care," said the smiling, mellow musician during an impromptu elevator interview towards the end of the party, which took place in the Esquire apartment of the chic Soho Mews. "But it can ...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 02:00 PM by Marc Schneider
Like breaking up, writing a hit song is hard to do. Most artists go a lifetime without one, but not Train, who've delivered a steady stream of chart hits since 'Meet Virginia' met your ears ten years ago. Perhaps you've heard 'Calling All Angels' or a lil' ditty titled 'Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)'? Yes, of course you have. After a 3-year hiatus to concentrate on solo projects, the West Coast ...
- Posted Aug 25th 2009 at 12:10 PM by Steve Baltin
For 20 straight weeks, the Black Eyed Peas have remained No. 1 atop the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, first with 'Boom Boom Pow' for 12 weeks and now 'I Got a Feeling.' That 20 weeks is a new Billboard record, but BEP architect Will.I.Am wants you to recognize what 20 weeks actually means. "Let's break it down for what it really is: five mother-f---ing months," he tells PopEater. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- PEOPLE Editors Pick the Four Best Gowns of This Year's Cannes Film Festival
- Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, Stars of Extra Virgin, Fuse Tofu & Berries for Summertime Treat
- Will Smith Raps Fresh Prince Theme Song with Son Jaden - and Dances with Alfonso Ribeiro!
- NYPD investigating Amanda Bynes' allegations of sexual assault
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?