Posts with tag "willow smith"
- Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 02:16 PM by Zach Dionne
'Whip My Hair' had its day in the sun, and it was glorious. Moving on, Willow Smith is ready to release a new single and video for '21st Century Girl,' which the 10-year-old star says is going to make people dance. "Hey people I am so excited for my next single!! Are you?" Willow wrote on Facebook. "It's a dance record. I know you love to dance, don't cha'..." Rap-Up.com snagged a few photos...
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 06:30 AM by Kelly Fisher
It's no "hard knock life" for the Smith family these days. Variety reports that Will Smith is exploring a remake of the classic musical 'Annie,' starring none other than daughter Willow Smith. The Sony project is still in development, and details surrounding it remain scarce. Sources say hip-hip mogul Jay-Z, who worked with Willow on her 'Whip My Hair' hit, is in talks to work on the music for...
- Posted Jan 13th 2011 at 09:45 AM by Kelly Fisher
The Smith family certainly has talent. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith's children, Willow and Jaden, have both earned NAACP Image Award nominations for their work in the past year. According to PEOPLE, Jaden, 12, is up for Outstanding Actor thanks to his role in last summer's 'The Karate Kid,' while little sis Willow, 10, has two nominations for Best New Artist and Outstanding Music Video for...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 11:05 AM by Steve Baltin
YouTube is littered with cover versions of Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair.' But few have attracted attention like 18-year-old Illinois native Katie Gavin, whose acoustic, bluesy take on the pop hit has garnered more than 210,000 views. Praise from MTV's Buzzworthy was far from the end for Gavin's cover. Last week, Smith chimed in her approval of Gavin's version, telling PopEater in a video...
- Posted Jan 4th 2011 at 12:45 PM by Maggie Coughlan
Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' became an instant hit as an awesomely danceable song with a flashy music video to match. But the Internet flood of parodies and tributes certainly didn't hurt. 'Sesame Street' characters singing along, scores of dancers and singers posting their own interpretations, a 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' scene featuring Will Smith seeming to groove to 'Whip My Hair' --...
- Posted Dec 29th 2010 at 01:07 PM by Sarah Crow
Willow Smith became an overnight sensation with 'Whip My Hair,' but perhaps the most remarkable part of the 10-year-old diva's rise to fame is the number of fans and imitators she's amassed along the way. From Gaga sound-alike Greyson Chance to the Boss himself, everyone's taking a cue from the pint-sized primadonna. Willow's latest fierce fan is 9-year-old Starr Andrews, whose impressive...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2010 at 08:01 PM by Maggie Coughlan
When Willow Smith first entered the music scene with her debut song, 'Whip My Hair,' no one could have predicted the 10-year-old would become an overnight sensation. As the daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, the tiny songstress is no stranger to the limelight. Her brother Jaden starred in the remake of the classic film 'The Karate Kid' this past summer. Willow's new found role as a...
- Posted Dec 6th 2010 at 03:45 PM by The Editors of StyleList
'Tis the season for elegant curls, fancy updos and candy cane hair extensions! Willow Smith -- daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith -- sported holiday-themed, red and white braided extensions as she performed at the holiday tree lighting and grand opening of The LA Kings Holiday Ice at LA LIVE on Saturday. The 10-year-old thrashed her arms and vibrant strands around as she...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 11:58 AM by Zach Dionne
'Whip My Hair' makes its television debut today along with Ellen DeGeneres' interview with Willow Smith. While we wait with bated breath to see the performance, the conversation segment is already online. "It's basically the new 'I'm me,'" a smiling Willow, who turned 10 on Halloween, tells Ellen of her hit single. "I'm me, I'm doin' what I wanna do." Willow said she almost panicked before...
- Posted Nov 1st 2010 at 03:00 PM by Rebecca Macatee
You know that you've had Willow Smith's catchy hit 'Whip My Hair' stuck in your head. You've probably even caught yourself whipping your own hair to the beat. YouTube videos of kids mimicking Willow's moves have gone viral and swept the nation. But before we round up all the cute 9-year-olds we know and get them reenacting Willow's headbanging moves, we thought we'd check with a professional on...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Samantha Harris Is 'Elated' to Be Cancer Free
- You Have to See Renowned Concert Pianist Lang Lang Play Mozart - on a Baby Piano
- Meet the Secret Service K-9 Heroes Who Took Down the White House Fence Jumper
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!