Posts with tag "wyclef jean"
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 07:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Rapper and former Fugees singer Wyclef Jean made the first televised announcement of his bid for the Haitian presidency last night on CNN. After several satellite interview segments between Wyclef and Wolf Blitzer, philanthropist and actor Sean Penn shared harsh words for the Haitian-born rapper, questioning his motives and value as a leader. "This is somebody who's going to receive an...
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 09:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Musician Wyclef Jean is set to announce his candidacy for president of Haiti this Thursday on CNN's 'Larry King Live,' a source close to the singer told CNN Tuesday. And the former head of Haiti's Chamber of Deputies confirmed the move, telling the Associated Press that Jean will soon announce his run for president. But past the rumors, the most telling piece of info comes from Wyclef himself,...
- Posted Jul 27th 2010 at 07:29 AM by PopEater Staff
Though French-Canadian publication Le Droit recently reported Wyclef Jean would run for president of Haiti, the singer's words to CNN are a bit more cryptic: "I can't sing forever," Jean said. The 37-year-old Haitian-born musician told CNN reports of a presidential campaign are premature, but that he is indeed mulling the idea. Jean, a member of '90s hip-hop staple The Fugees, was an active...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 02:54 PM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce and Madonna are the latest stars to flock to Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' telethon, joining some of the biggest names in music in a two-hour multi-network telecast benefiting the survivors of the devastating earthquake. 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' will air on all major networks, featuring stars filmed in multiple locations worldwide. Bruce Springsteen,...
- Posted Jan 18th 2010 at 11:12 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Music News
The face of the ongoing tragedy in Haiti broke into tears Monday during a press conference called to dispel rumors that his Yele Haiti foundation had misused funds and failed to properly file its taxes. "If you're a man with a clear conscience, speak with a clear conscience and the world will know," Wyclef Jean said to an audience of reporters. "The books are open. We have a clean bill of health...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 08:40 PM by Sam Brand
Wyclef might be the most recognizable Haitian-American on the planet, but he's certainly not the only celebrity hailing from the reeling island nation. Athletes Samuel Dalembert and Pierre Garcon, rappers Tony Yayo and Pras and 'Heroes' actor Jimmy Jean-Louis also count relatives and friends among the many victims of yesterday's massive Haitian temblor. See what they're saying about the...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 12:55 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Wyclef Jean is one of Haiti's most famous sons, and his tweeting about the earthquake there has been a galvanizing force on the Web. Jean is most famously a member of the Fugees. His publicist says he arrived Wednesday in Haiti to assist in relief efforts. ► Read Wyclef's Twitter Updates Several of the most popular topics on Twitter referred to a tweet from the singer urging people to send...
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 12:12 PM by Sam Brand
The 'Hills' star went under the knife 10 times last November. And she's not done yet. "I plan to get a few more upgrades," Heidi Montag tells PEOPLE. In other news, kidnap victim Shawn Hornbeck appeared on 'The Today Show' Wednesday morning. The teen gave the impression that he's mostly recovered from his 4-and-a-half year nightmare. And Wyclef Jean asks that you pledge support to the victims of...
- Posted Oct 13th 2009 at 04:45 PM by Bryan Alexander
- Filed under:
- Music News
Wyclef Jean drove concertgoers at MTV Africa Music Awards insane when he stripped down to his underwear challenge fellow underwear-attired rapper Akon to a push-up contest on stage. But crazed fans did not know that Wyclef spent much of his free-time seemingly prepping for the event, a favorite pastime for the singer/activist/friend of Brangelina. Jean stayed with the rest of the MTV show...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate's Royal Tour Style Gets the Thumbs Up Down Under
- Lee Brice Shares His Own Wedding Footage In Video for 'I Don't Dance'
- 8 Photos of Amazing Record Collections Around the World for Record Store Day
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL