Posts with tag "xfactor"
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 02:16 PM by Dave Steinfeld
- Filed under:
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Simon Cowell -
- AOL Television -
- AOL Music
Even if you've been making a concerted effort to avoid pop culture, you know who Simon Cowell is. Such is the level of Cowell's fame and influence in the entertainment industry. A native of the UK and veteran of the music business, Cowell first became familiar to American audiences in the summer of 2002 when the reality TV series 'American Idol' premiered. A spin-off of England's similar...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 04:39 PM by Mike Hess
With word that Simon Cowell is leaving 'American Idol' after this season to start 'The X Factor' in the U.S., the fate of the 'Idol' juggernaut is uncertain. If Cowell wants to, he could offer up some stiff competition to his 'Idol' alma mater, leaving the show with a big "how do we compete against Simon?" conundrum. However, if he plays nice, he could work closely with FOX and 'Idol' on how to...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 01:27 PM by PopEater Staff
You'll be hearing Simon Cowell's biting critiques of aspiring singers on U.S. television for years to come, but after 2010 it may not be on 'American Idol,' according to a report in the Times of London. Cowell is reportedly considering standing down from his post on 'Idol' after next season and switching his focus to bringing the hugely successful British show 'X Factor' to the USA. Ironically,...
- Posted Oct 24th 2009 at 09:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Seeing double on X Factor? Twins John and Edward took the stage on 'X-Factor' to perform Britney Spears' 'Oops, I Did It Again' for the judges (including 'American Idol' star Simon Cowell) dressed identically in red leather suits with black shirts and black ties and the same spiky, gelled hair-do. So what did everyone think of their performance? Watch It and Find Out ...
- Posted Oct 19th 2009 at 07:35 AM by PopEater Staff
During Saturday night's 'X Factor' performance, Whitney Houston was left red-faced after a strap at the back of her long silver dress snapped open midway through her performance of 'Million Dollar Bill.' She shrugged off the wardrobe malfunction though, joking to host Dermot O'Leary afterwards, "I sang myself out of my clothes." Watch her performance: ...
- Posted Oct 16th 2009 at 06:56 AM by PopEater Staff
The crazed fan who slapped superstar singer Leona Lewis in the face during a book signing this week was actually a rejected contestant from the reality show 'X Factor' that launched her career. The Sun is reporting that 29-year-old Peter Kowalczyk envied Lewis after she won the wildly popular show -- Britain's equivalent of 'American Idol,' -- and that after he was rejected, he became bitter....
- Posted Aug 23rd 2009 at 10:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Although Simon Cowell is usually difficult to impress, one contestant on UK's 'The X Factor' managed to blow away the judge. 27-year-old Danyl Johnson hit the stage with an energetic performance of The Beatles' 'With a Little Help from My Friends.' Cowell smiled and clapped during the audition, finally giving a standing ovation. "That was single-handedly the best first audition I have ever...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONJ Recap: Psychic Tells Teresa Giudice, Husband Joe's 'Definitely Going to Do Time'
- Susan Sarandon's Secret Fling, Chris Martin's Marriage Confession & More Weekend News
- From EW: See the Simpsons-Family Guy Crossover
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!
- Khloe and Kim Kardashian Have a Huge Fight While Kylie & Kendall Jenner Go Missing in Thailand—See the Full KUWTK Recap!