Posts with tag "yoko ono"
- Posted Oct 9th 2010 at 01:38 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
They say it's his birthday, to paraphrase an old pop song. It's not easy to fathom, but John Lennon, who was born in Liverpool, England, on Oct. 9, 1940, would be 70 years old today. To celebrate the milestone, a new monument was unveiled in Liverpool today to honor the singer-songwriter. "We come here with our hearts to honor Dad and to pray for peace and say 'thank you' to each and...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 11:13 AM by PopEater Staff
Yoko Ono has long been a mercurial figure when it comes to deceased husband John Lennon and the Beatles. She has disapproved of all sorts of tributes and spins on John's work and life (she even cut down a Purple Magazine photo of her son, Sean Lennon, imitating the famous Yoko and John cover of Rolling Stone, reportedly calling it "a farce and a spoof"), but has given her blessing to sometimes...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 01:00 PM by Steven Avalos
Lady Gaga brought her hugely successful "Monster Ball" home to New York City last night for the first of four sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall. Wearing metal rings, over-sized mirrored shoulder pads (with a matching bra, of course), Lady Gaga proved that her shows are nothing if they're not way-out-there. In addition to the frenzied throngs of the Lady's bejeweled and bewigged fans,...
- Posted Sep 19th 2009 at 08:55 AM by PopEater Staff
John Lennon's 76-year-old widow Yoko Ono admits she's sympathetic towards pop singer Britney Spears. "I think that the world was not fair to her, and they're just using her and not dignifying her," she told Usmagazine.com. "I think she's a survivor and she's doing very well," Ono added. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diem Brown's Family and Friends Share Personal Remembrances
- Elena Kagan: How the Supreme Court 'Hazes' New Justices
- Winnie the Pooh Reportedly Banned from a Polish Playground for Being 'Inappropriately Dressed'
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Charlie Day on the Most Difficult Part About Being Groped by Jennifer Aniston: ''It's Fiction!''
- How to Get Away With Murder Boss Spills Scoop: Who Killed Lila? Where Does Wes Go From Here? What's Bonnie Up to? Find Out!
- This Rihanna Look-Alike Is Making a Career Out of Her Resemblance