Posts with tag "yoko ono"
- Posted Oct 9th 2010 at 01:38 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
They say it's his birthday, to paraphrase an old pop song. It's not easy to fathom, but John Lennon, who was born in Liverpool, England, on Oct. 9, 1940, would be 70 years old today. To celebrate the milestone, a new monument was unveiled in Liverpool today to honor the singer-songwriter. "We come here with our hearts to honor Dad and to pray for peace and say 'thank you' to each and...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 11:13 AM by PopEater Staff
Yoko Ono has long been a mercurial figure when it comes to deceased husband John Lennon and the Beatles. She has disapproved of all sorts of tributes and spins on John's work and life (she even cut down a Purple Magazine photo of her son, Sean Lennon, imitating the famous Yoko and John cover of Rolling Stone, reportedly calling it "a farce and a spoof"), but has given her blessing to sometimes...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 01:00 PM by Steven Avalos
Lady Gaga brought her hugely successful "Monster Ball" home to New York City last night for the first of four sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall. Wearing metal rings, over-sized mirrored shoulder pads (with a matching bra, of course), Lady Gaga proved that her shows are nothing if they're not way-out-there. In addition to the frenzied throngs of the Lady's bejeweled and bewigged fans,...
- Posted Sep 19th 2009 at 08:55 AM by PopEater Staff
John Lennon's 76-year-old widow Yoko Ono admits she's sympathetic towards pop singer Britney Spears. "I think that the world was not fair to her, and they're just using her and not dignifying her," she told Usmagazine.com. "I think she's a survivor and she's doing very well," Ono added. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Audra McDonald Reveals Past Suicide Attempt
- Megan Fox Is Pretty Sure She Could Find Bigfoot
- Taiwan Plane Crash Survivor Crawls Out of Wreckage, Phones Dad
- Rob Reiner: 'And So It Goes' is all Jack Nicholson's fault
- Daniel Radcliffe talks losing his virginity: I had a 'really good first time'
- Jennie Garth warns the newly famous: 'Don't believe the hype'