Posts with tag "youtube"
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 05:03 PM by Marc Schneider
UPDATE 6:10 | Internet Wins! 'Friday' is back to being totally free to enjoy. We'll update if/when we get to the bottom of this experiment gone awry. UPDATE 5:16 | The video that started a thousand memes has been removed entirely. Gotta make your mind up. People have clicked "play" on Rebecca Black's 'Friday' video over 165 million times. That's half the U.S. population joining the...
- Posted Jan 8th 2011 at 05:32 PM by Christine Fenno
The new year is barely underway, so the title 'Cutest Duet of 2011' is not the strongest accolade. But with one viewing, this acoustic music video will probably stay on your mind for months. For now, it's quickly going viral with 1.2 million hits -- and counting -- on YouTube. It's chill enough to be cool, and just cute enough to make you think of how excellent life would be if we could all...
- Posted Dec 17th 2010 at 03:15 PM by Zach Dionne
Rihanna's hook on 'Love the Way You Lie' is so damned catchy, it doesn't stop shimmering even when the words get changed and multiplied by a vocabulary maniac in a new video called 'Extraneous Lyrics.' In the ultra-wordy pop medley, YouTube user okaysamurai, AKA Dave Werner, sings -- to the exact tune of Rihanna and Eminem's hit -- "You're just gonna stand in one place and watch while I'm...
- Posted Sep 9th 2010 at 03:02 PM by Jett Wells
It's funny how you can just roll into a Shell station in Kansas City, Missouri, on a Wednesday to get a sub-par cup of coffee, and after a random turn of events become the next Antoine Dodson. But when it's the Gregory Brothers watching you, it's not all that surprising. With that in mind, meet Diana Radcliff. After finding herself caught in a robbery, she retold her story to KMBC-TV in the...
- Posted Jul 19th 2010 at 08:56 AM by PopEater Staff
It's official, folks: Justin Bieber has toppled Lady Gaga in the knock-down drag-out fight for most-viewed YouTube video of all time. The teen singer's saccharin hit 'Baby' has been seen 250.7 million times as of Monday morning, clearly surpassing Gaga's 'Bad Romance' and its 247.6 million streams. Upon hearing of his conquest, Bieber took to Twitter to thank his legion of fans for watching the...
- Posted Jul 15th 2010 at 02:15 PM by Steven Avalos
The music video is back again! After years of spiraling toward obscurity -- largely because of MTV's dwindling interest in acknowledging the "M" in its name -- artists like Lady Gaga have resurrected the medium with "event" music videos that get everyone talking, viewing and most importantly sharing. This April, Gaga's eye-popping, bed-burning 'Bad Romance' had the distinct honor of toppling...
- Posted Jun 25th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Steven Avalos
It's hard to believe a whole year has passed since Michael Jackson's tragic death, and his fans have been keeping his legacy alive online. Countless videos have been uploaded to YouTube to pay tribute to his legacy. Yes, YouTube's not just for precious baby moments and cat hijinks as the following will show you (although we love those, too). We've rounded up some of the best videos on the net to...
- Posted May 18th 2010 at 02:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Remember back in college, or in your office, or in your fifth-grade classroom, when that guy was like, "Hey, come look at this music video of the guys on treadmills"? That was five years ago! To commemorate YouTube's fifth anniversary, Conan O'Brien has listed his five favorite videos and filmed an introduction for YouTube. "I hope you like these videos," Coco says. "If you're like me, America,...
- Posted Mar 25th 2010 at 04:40 PM by Zach Dionne
A Swedish musician going by the Internet handle Fredde Gredde has recorded one of the most astonishing, delightful videos we've seen in recent memory: 22 television themes patched seamlessly together in seven minutes. The 24-year-old guitarist/pianist/singer incorporates the theme songs from 'The Simpsons,' 'Friends,' 'The Office, 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,' 'Family Guy' and more into his...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2010 at 03:58 PM by Steven Avalos
In today's installment of babies being cute on the Web -- a one-year-old with a very discerning ear for music. Watch her critique two of the biggest names in music -- Miley Cyrus and Jon Bon Jovi -- proving once and for all that age is nothing but a number. In the BuzzFeed clip, the baby cries hysterically when 'Party in the U.S.A.' comes on the TV, but has a lot to smile (and dance) about...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jodi Arias Back in Court for Sentencing Retrial
- Kylie Jenner Is Not Dating Rapper Tyga, Says Kris
- Everyone in Hollywood Is Wearing These Boots
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- Kesha Once Swore Dr. Luke Never Drugged Her & There Was No Sex; Lawyer Says That Was a Battered Woman Protecting Her Abuser Out of Fear
- Why We Have Chris Martin to Thank for Taylor Swift Joining The Voice!
- Sarah Hyland Says She's ''Great'' Following Restraining Order Drama With Ex-Boyfriend Matt Prokop